z

Young Writers Society

Changeling

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:58 pm
Gahks says...

I've just seen this film and this is probably one of the most powerful movies this year, if not ever. I thought Clint Eastwood's direction was incredible - he is well known in the industry as an "actor's director" - and there were gripping turns from all the actors - particularly from Angelina Jolie, whose inspired casting has ensured a performance already tipped as Oscar worthy. This is a film that vividly captures the sickening bureaucracy of an era that moved a city to fight in the pursuit of justice.

It's a bit overlong and the violence may put off some people, but stick with this film for an ending that has real emotional power. As I have said, in short, a disturbing if ultimately moving film.

Rating: 5/5
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:00 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I went to see this tonight and I found it emotionally draining. Well acted, a very good movie, but...very unsettling, scary in an odd way, and the intense atmosphere has been difficult to get out of my head. I recommend it, but I wouldn't see it twice. It also makes me think about how trivial my own little problems are. I don't like Angelina Jolie much, but she was brilliant in this movie.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:32 pm
niccy_v says...

This has been on the internet for weeks. I've been itching to watch it because it's still brand new in the cinemas. Might go and watch it now thanks :)
Writing gives my life purpose

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf