z

Young Writers Society

The Well

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:01 am
Sponson Light says...

The well of inspiration. You know, the stuff that drives you to awsomeness.
Is dry. It happens, but not like this right now.
Its just not there, like it ever existed. Not dry, gone.

Music is treating me awsomely right now, but other things are not.

Hmmm... anger, misunderstanding, quick thoughts, and self-restraining are in the way.
Especially misunderstanding and anger.

Need, way, refill, rebuild.

Clues? Hints?

It fails me when I need it most.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:13 am
Elizabeth says...

I feel just like that... well, nearly, i have inspiration but the lack of skill to put it down into words in which most people MOST will actually like it...

Usually what I do is rant and rant until i find soething i like, write about it a while, and then ponder some more.
I have serveral pages in a book and a document online of some things i pick up, funny lines and such, if you want me to lend you my seriously unhilariously stupid document then please feel free to ask.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:18 am
Crysi says...

For me, depression and rage are the most inspirational things for poetry, while just writing out scenes that come to mind - but not trying to fit them into anything - tends to help with stories. Good luck. Oh, and listen to music. It helps.
Love and Light

Random avatar

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:19 am
Sponson Light says...

Lack of skill, yeah thats the one.

Its like, I have characters in my head, Othello Outterside, Eddy Elwright, and Ampersand. But none which I can draw right because I cant draw period!

Yeah, but angers blocking it, and have you seen my stuff? Violence is written all over it.
Also as my post dictated, I am listening to music, but it isnt helping.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:21 am
Crysi says...

Well, try listening to a totally opposite genre of music. Switch it up a little.

I can't draw either. Hmph, frustrating.
Love and Light

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:01 am
Rincewind says...

I always write in utter silence. I find music distracting.
I usually only write when I've got a clear head (clear from unpleasant thoughts that is). If I am in a bad mood then I will probobly write crap.
Same goes for when I'm drawing, though its been a while since I've picked up my pencil set.
If music isnt the answer, try silence. Or try to go somewhere nice, like a field, or a park or soemthing, and clear you head and create in a new surrounding.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

Random avatar

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:03 am
Sponson Light says...

Rincewind wrote:I always write in utter silence. I find music distracting.
I usually only write when I've got a clear head (clear from unpleasant thoughts that is). If I am in a bad mood then I will probobly write crap.
Same goes for when I'm drawing, though its been a while since I've picked up my pencil set.
If music isnt the answer, try silence. Or try to go somewhere nice, like a field, or a park or soemthing, and clear you head and create in a new surrounding.

That just might work!

Theres a park across from where I usually go.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:18 am
Rincewind says...

Its definately worth a try.
Bring a snack in case you get hungry.
And remember! Don't forget to bring a towel!
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:24 am
Elizabeth says...

Rincewind wrote:Its definately worth a try.
Bring a snack in case you get hungry.
And remember! Don't forget to bring a towel!

tsk tsk tsk... no more hitchhiking through the galexy for you *takes towel*

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:25 pm
Nai says...

Classical Music.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France