z

Young Writers Society

Happy Thanksgiving!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:23 pm
Nate says...

Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and even if you already celebrated it on October 13, have a good Thanksgiving! If you're celebrating, let us know how you celebrate Thanksgiving.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:37 pm
Emerson says...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I celebrate by making food and eating it. This year we are having a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and apple pie. Sound very usually, but for the apple pie. No one but me like pumpkin.

I don't have a lot of family in the area, so it's usually just my dad, brother, and myself, but this year my uncle has come over!

And I cannot forget the best tradition of all: NaNoWriMo! I'm going to write while cooking. ^^
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:49 pm
JabberHut says...

Happy Thanksgiving, chillins! ^^

Every Thanksgiving, my grandparents with their black lab come down and stay with us for the weekend. Go to church Wednesday night, and then just eat on Thanksgiving. Like... just eat. Nothing special 'cept eating. Turkey, mashed potatoes, my favorite salad ever (Taquilaberry Salad), stuffing, pumpkin and chocolate pies... Ugh, I'm hungry now. ><

And then on Saturday, my grandma and her dog enter the dog show. Last year, the doggie won first place! *squee* I'm excited for this year. He's going to be awesome. ^_^

And it's very nice to have won NaNo before this weekend so I can just chill and not stress myself out. xD *managed to escape from cooking*
I make my own policies.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:49 pm
Rydia says...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I don't celebrate it because I'm in England but I'm tempted to bake some brownies later or make pumpkin shaped cookies and tell all the Brits that I'm just a little late for Halloween XD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:57 pm
Sachiko says...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

This year my family and I are doing something fairly different. We aren't having turkey!

Shocking, I know, but we don't care for turkey that much. xD So this year we're having meatloaf. :D So the menu will be: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, beets, swiss corn casserole, and apple crisp, blueberry pie, and cheesecake. :D
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:00 pm
Stori says...

Yum. Cat-san, you make me hungry.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:30 pm
Teague says...

I think the whole world should celebrate Thanksgiving, just because of the food.

Who doesn't love turkey and gravy with family? And the tryptophan-induced comas are nice right before finals time! :D

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:43 pm
Jon says...

Family and food. Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, rigatoni-- Italian family. corn cassorole. Meat balls. Ham. Yaks -- Another italian thing. Um.. Probably more, i just can't think right now. Oh! Pies and other things...

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:44 pm
BigBadBear says...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyone is coming over around 4ish to stuff ourselves. I could care less about the turkey, potatos, corn and bread'n'stuff.

All I want are the yams and stuffing.

<3

Haha.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:02 pm
Leapy says...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!

Wow my family seems like obsessed with food compared to everyone else... Thanksgiving is like..a HUGE food deal, lol.

Usually its just me, my brother, my parents, and my boyfriend. But this year is different. My mom wont be there, neither will my boyfriend, but since we are closer to my dads family EVERYONE in his family gets together at one house.

And Im talking...: Granny, 4 aunts, 3 uncles, (atleast) 8 cousins(and their significant others), 3 grandkids...probably some of their friends. Oh and did I mention..this ISN'T including me,my dad, my brother and my son? haha

So food list is: I believe 3 turkeys, 2 hams, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, a ton of veggies, I think like 6 different pies and 4 types of bread including rolls and such...

Im sure there is more..but.ugh... If I never return- you can bet Ive either gone into a come from the food, or the mayhem!
~*Don't Tear Me Down*~

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:29 pm
Angel of Death says...

Ah, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Suze, I love pumpkin pie.

Well, really, this is my first real one and its just me and my mom. We're having turkey, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, and chocolate cake.

I hope everyone has a good time,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:26 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

At the moment, I have my Grandparents over and we just went down to the chow hall for lunch. My Mom's making a turkey for later.

I'm getting yelled at to go spend time with my grandparents.

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

what exactly is thanksgiving about? I'm curious.

Well, it's a day to give thanks for everything that we have. This next bit is historical:

What is commonly called "The First Thanksgiving" in America was very early. The pilgrims traveled from England to the wilderness of America to escape religious prosecution. Soon after arriving, winter began, and by the end of it, only about fifty of the 101 that arrived were still living. Miraculously, all thirty children in that group survived.

During early spring, the pilgrims met the Native Americans and carried on a friendly time of peace with them. The Native Americans showed them many new ways to provide food for themselves. Sometime later(I'm not sure if it was anywhere near fall. It could have been in summer), they gathered to have a feast and give thanks for their success.

Later, after the revolution, George Washington was the first to set aside a day for giving thanks.

Later, Abraham Lincoln, our 16th president, set aside the last Thursday in November as Thanksgiving, making it a national holiday.

Finally, in 1941, I think, Franklin D. Roosavelt changed the date of Thanksgiving to the 4th Thursday in November.

***History lesson over***

Today, we all give thanks for all we have by more than doubling our normal calorie intake. Healthy? No. Fun? Absolutly.

This year, as usual, my brother and sister came home from college. My cousin, who lives in Maryland(we live in northern Virginia), just arrived. We also have some old friends who moved to Mississippi some time ago here with us.

Our meal this year, as usual, includes mashed potatoes, pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin pie, and such.

The rest is special. We have turkey, but what's great is that it's...deep fried. WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we have the oil and deep frier out, we're doing some hushpupies and onion rings, too.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:06 pm
Ego says...

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're going to my Grandmother's house for a very, very boringly traditional celebration xD

--D
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:19 pm
Meshugenah says...

Happy Turkey Day!

We're leaving in a couple hours for my aunts ^^ there'll be thirteen of us, I think? And at least two, if not three, dogs (possibly four? But more likely two). My aunt was not amused when I asked this morning if I could bring my cats.

Turkey, gravy (for my dad and his weird Midwestern tastes :P), potatoes -- two kinds, eggs, cranberries -- at least three kinds, stuffing, pies, birthday cake... that's all I can think of for now. And football. So I get to venture in to the lion's den and make fun of my dad, brother, grandfather and my uncle, his brother and three of his nephews. Oh yeah. I'm perfectly sane.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain