z

Young Writers Society

Dawn of War

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:20 pm
Sponson Light says...

Yes, that old game that came out last......... november I think.
Its kick ass, despite a few balance problems.

Yeah I got it like, a week ago, and its been awsome.

Gameplay: 7/10 : Lag, especially on older models, or even the newer ones. (Mines almost a year, not even, and it lags from time to time). The sheer amount of RAM needed is undauntingly large. 512 wont cut it if you want to win.

But aside from the memory needed. It is excellent. Utilizing squad tactics, their ability on the battle field, and weapons. Though it is tricky sometimes, there are 2 stances, Assault and Ranged, Assault is just run into close combat with your weapons blazing away, and Ranged is self explanatory. Balance issues for the Orks and chaos are large.

Tactics, some people prefer simple, mass one type and win. Which sucks because it is a given strategy to win. Especially when your shooting.

Ive found one instance, when a model is preforming its "over kill", it becomes immune to any and all damage. Which is frustrating because abilities that are suppose to work on it (like Super Stikk Bombs for Orks) dont.

Sound: 5/10 : Same voices over and over again. Rather annoying.
The reason its a five is because you can hear grunts and yells during combat. And the special effects sound really nice.

Graphics: 8/10 : Cant live the game when your playing with blurs, but as explained above, larger the detail, the more RAM it takes up.

Each model is the same in each squad, which is not a problem, especially on large scale battles. But repetitive animations and over kills makes it look choppy. Other than that the world is beautiful and the models awsome (when afar).

Average: 8/10 : Its an alright game, the online play is what makes it count (sorry 56k'rs). Games usually dont last that long in online play (my average is like 17 mins a game) but thats why you play a lot.
Fun when you see the marines squirming while getting chopped to pieces by your Big Mek.
------------

All in all, Im still confused on how to win a proper game, Im always stomped flat. 9/31 games Ive won, X%. D.amn.

The game is considerably cheaper in stores now, and the expansion is coming out soon.
Still figuring out what Im doing wrong.

Get it, Ill play ya.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:54 pm
sabradan says...

I play the real thing....the original table-top warhammer 40K game.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:58 pm
Sponson Light says...

So do I, but we obviously cant go state to state now can we?
Orks and was Tau, didnt turn out well.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:28 pm
sabradan says...

Sponson Light wrote:So do I, but we obviously cant go state to state now can we?
Orks and was Tau, didnt turn out well.

Sure we can! My army will conquer all, anyway!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia