z

Young Writers Society

gawd this is hard!

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:25 am
Gwenevire says...

gaha!
im so freakin braindead... i cant write.
help?
pleasee! i just need some ideas so i can get the ink flowin, ya know?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:36 am
LowKey says...

story_theme.php

;)

While you might not want to take the possible plots too seriously, you can get some ideas from it. Or if you don't, go with the plots and write it out in a short story. It gets you writing again, and that alone can often help with the fiend that is writers block.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

441 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 am
Gwenevire says...

thank you dreamer i will definitely give it a try :wink:

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 am
Prokaryote says...

Okay. First of all.

SPELL. And use proper grammar. I know you can, because you used to before you came back. Unless you've been in some kind of brain-injuring accident, there's no excuse not to.

Second, read. Read a lot. Watch movies. Listen to music. Immerse yourself in a bunch of different types of media.

Or, look around you. Take events that happen during the day and embellish them. Make connections between two seemingly unrelated actions -- find cause and effect. Ask yourself "what if?"

And just write. It doesn't have to be good, but get your mind running. Drink some caffeine if you have to. Ramble. Get words on the page/screen. Use your imagination and write something ridiculous.

Story ideas? How about an electronic speaker that sits on the sidewalk all day preaching to people about the sins of audio-visual stimulation, because television is of the devil? Only auditory entertainment is valid.

How about an ancient scientist that invented a virus that made people grow a second eye? Because before that they were just cyclops.

How about a man trapped pitch-black room, except gradually, over time, the cube-shaped room morphs into a ball, and he finds that he can run in it like a hampster, but he doesn't know where he's going because he can't see, and so he's afraid he will run off the ends of the earth or into the ocean?

JUST DO IT.

Prokaryote

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 am
Squall says...

Vivi, try writing to express an idea or theme to the audience. A lot of writers write to simply express their views. For example, in "The Lovely Bones", one of the ideas the author expresses is family love, how lives change when a love one dies and what they do to try get their lives back on track.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

441 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 am
Gwenevire says...

Okay Pork. I'll be literate.

Hah, I like your ideas :P
I'll defiantly take them into consideration.

Thanks a billion ^.^
Seriously, this is helpful!

MAYBE I WILL *shakes fist*

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:04 am
Galerius says...

Gwenevire wrote:Hah, I like your ideas :P
I'll defiantly take them into consideration.

What exactly are you defiant against...?

My suggestion would be to sit down, look around, and write a short story, no matter how bad or plotless it may be, about the first interesting object you see. It will flow from there.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 am
Clo says...

Shouldn't this be in writing tips...?
How am I not myself?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 am
Snoink says...

Dude, I thought you were a newbie when I saw your first post. You should hang out here more often. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown