z

Young Writers Society

Need A Book To Read!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:23 pm
Tatra says...

After by Francine Prose is an awesome book, really creepy in a good way. Seriously one of my favorite books.

The Discworld series by Terry Pratchet is really good, all of the books. The Color of Magic starts the series off.

Anything by Diana Wynne Jones, though the Chrestomanci series and the Dalemark Quartet are my favorites of her work. Howl's Moving Castle and The Castle in the Air are pretty good, as well.

All of them are awesome books and great reads. :D Have fun reading!
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 pm
Sachiko says...

The Ender Series by Orson Scott Card is pretty good, and right now i'm reading "Deerskin", by Robin Mckinley. I also recommend anything by her. She mainly does rewrites of fairy tales, so if you're fond of those, you'd probably like her. ^^
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:14 am
LilyJamey says...

I have no idea what reading class is like, but White Oleander seems like the kind of book that goes with the subject. I hated it, though. There's this book called The Story of The Amulet, by Edith Nesbit. I read it when I was little, and loved it. It's missing now, though. :( It's a children's book.

Phantom of the Opera is ok. The Professor (Charlotte Brontë) is sweet. Les Miserables and Jane Eyre made me cry. I love all Isaac Asimov's fiction, especially his robots.

Pick any.
Got YWS?

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon