z

Young Writers Society

Remembrance Day

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 am
Rydia says...

Tomorrow's Remembrance day and it's something I take seriously so I'd appreciate it if you could all write a few words for all of those people who have given their lives to a cause they believed in. Whether it be the soldiers and civilians who lost their lives in World War I and World War II or those killed more recently. You don't have to have any belief in the cause they fought for to show respect for such brave and excellent people.

May their sacrifice help the world to some day be at peace xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:33 am
Juniper says...

I will! After all, I do have to work on something any how because I have to... uh, (gosh this is humiliating) sing the anthem and give a little speech or recite a poem tomorrow seeing as both my grandfathers are veterans. But I will post the poem I write.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 pm
Alainna says...

May all those who witnessed the death, destruction and horror of the past wars be remembered and respected.

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:46 pm
Blink says...

It's a sad thing to remember, but at the same time may we think of them as the heroes, and not the dead. As the patriots and martyrs by their names--not by nationality.

And that something good came out of it; sometimes, war is peace.

:)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:04 pm
Adnamarine says...

I thank God for them every day.

Veterans day is not just for those who died, but everyone who served no matter when, or for how long, or in what capacity, or what they did, or what they went through. They are my real heroes, greater than any writer. Because I dream that I can do what poets before me have done. I don't pretend I have the courage to do all the things that soldiers through the ages have done. Maybe one day. Not today.

Rest in peace Grandfather.

Carlos, Matt, I'm praying for you guys.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 pm
Jon says...

People like that are the real heroes, they see more horrendous things then we'll probably ever see and they work so we don't. For all the people who have died

R.I.P.

---Jon---
:smt051
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato