z

Young Writers Society

Barack Obama Wins US Presidential Election

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 pm
Trident says...

Congrats to Obama, and I really hope that McCain will be instrumental in bringing in Republican cooperation.
Perception is everything.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm
Chupatoasta says...

(Not GO BAMA! Alambama stinks even if it is number one)

That hurts my feelings Cat :cry: Imma Bama babe haha,

I'm to young to care about this kinda stuff... well in my opinion I am. My mom's freaking me out because she's really religious and crap so she's saying that the rapture is coming and Obama is the anti-christ... *sigh* Parents
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm
Miss Slade says...

Hey, I live in Alabama thank you!

I personally hated all of our candidates
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:04 am
RoryLegend says...

I love Obama.

My mother had that disease...election obsession.

I now know all of the CNN newscastors, and their nick names, and the names of their little sideshows and such, it is kind of sick. I like Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow, and of course ANDERSON COOPER! I felt like they lived with us. Haha.

Also, my mother tracked the election, made predictions, bought shirts, pins, and various other election iteams.

I got really involved this time too, mostly because I got sick and sat at home and all that was on was CNN lol.

After the election was over (after we stopped our tears of joy at his win) my mother seriously did not know what to do with her life. Like she sat down at the computer at my school (She works in the computer lab) and was like, "I don't know what to do anymore."

I don't know if you can get medicated or something for this disorder, but if anyone thinks of a hobby for my poor mother to pick up now that the election is over. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Haha.

I really don't want her to start stalking Gerard Butler again, that just wasn't healthy. I suggested knitting but she said no to that. I'm worried for her. *sigh*
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:54 am
Manny says...

Chupatoasta wrote:

I'm to young to care about this kinda stuff... well in my opinion I am. My mom's freaking me out because she's really religious and crap so she's saying that the rapture is coming and Obama is the anti-christ... *sigh* Parents

That's not as bad as what my mother did. She said she was going to pray that Obama gets assassinated. :O

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 am
Griffinkeeper says...

A bit of commentary... a couple of weeks ago, a very good French friend of mine told me he didn't believe Obama would be elected because America was so racist. So, in your face frenchman! If you're a McCain supporter, at least take heart that a Frenchman was once again proven wrong Wink

Wow, that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Even though I disagree with Obama on mostly everything, I dislike French snobs even more.

I love Obama.

I find it odd that democrats use the more extreme emotions when talking about politics. For instance, instead of saying that they disagree with President Bush, they'll say "I hate Bush." Hate being a very strong sentiment.

In the same vein, they also "Love" Obama, instead of merely agreeing with him or liking him. No, it's another strong emotion.

It's all very odd. How soon will it be until we start seeing novels with passages like this?

"Vivian, I love you! Will you marry me?" Tom proclaimed in his proclaiming voice. Vivian burst into tears.

"Vivian! What's wrong," Tom said in a disgustingly over-dramatized voice.

"We can not marry, for my heart belongs to - Barack Obama!"

"But Vivian, at the Iowa caucus, you said that you were just friends-" Tom said.

"The moment I laid eyes on him, I knew that he would lead me us to victory, unlike you Tom. You're just a dumb character. I could never feel for you what I feel for Obama, his very name makes my toes twist into pretzel shapes."

Yeah... let's not go there.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:42 pm
Gahks says...

Good luck Mr. Obama! Restore us Brits' faith in America!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 pm
unraveled says...

Manny wrote:
Chupatoasta wrote:

That's not as bad as what my mother did. She said she was going to pray that Obama gets assassinated. :O

There will most likely be an attempt to assassinate or two. I'm thinking Obama is going to need a Pope mobile.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:08 pm
Sureal says...

Why do so many people think that Obama is going to be assassinated (or, at least, think that an attempt will be made on his life)?

Methinks you've all been watching too much 24. ;)
I wrote the above just for you.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:45 pm
unraveled says...

Well, even though the United Stated is made of many different nationalities, there are still many racists. Some most likely will act out on their hatred.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:54 pm
Clo says...

I have to agree with Sureal. Can we not think about assassinations? :roll: How morbid.
How am I not myself?

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge