z

Young Writers Society

Barack Obama - President Elect

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 pm
niteowl says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Of course you're not silencing opinion. It's just that anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant and un-educated.

The first YWS member that can post the name of that fallacy will get 50 points from yours truly.

Hm...is it the straw man fallacy? Or perhaps it's poisoning the well?

Well anyway, I'm glad Obama won and hoping he actually delivers on the change he promised. Maybe now we can stop fighting and just get on with our lives.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:28 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

This thread is dangerously becoming a debate and might need to be moved soon...

At any rate, I'm a little surprised by the strong distain to our new President. I'm especially bewildered that someone actually thought an assination would take place? Such a thought is errie and downright frightning. I like to think the States have learned from past mistakes.

Simply put: Like or dislike, in a few short months he will be known as President Obama; the first African American in office. Now, some of you may say, "Big deal." Look at the larger picture. It's true Obama will have a tremendous amount of work of him in due time but we, as a nation, have entered a new era, a new dawn of time and I don't think many people realize this yet. As a nation, we have accepted the simple fact that the majority ruled; we are not one-hundred percent racist, blind to the errors of our choices from the past and we are eagerly anticpating a new, bright and unforseeable future. Obama was it.

I'm a Republican but I voted for Obama. I'm very curious what he has planned.

As for those who are on the bandwagon, "We're doomed!" and so forth, may I remind you all that Obama isn't even in Office yet? So, unless you all have the gift of predicting the future, why not just kick back in your Lazyboy and await the future?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:52 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

I don't think that we're doomed, because Barrack Obama is promising.

The only thing that worries me is that the Democrats hold the majority in the House of Representatives, the Senate, and they've won the presidency. Say goodbye to conservatism as we know it.

On the bright side, they don't have enough to handle a filibuster.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm
Cade says...

I sincerely approve of the new Facebook group called "Sasha Obama is cuter than Hello Kitty having a tea party on unicorn day."

Oh, yeah, and President-Elect Obama is totally win. His speech was just...wow. So good.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 am
Teague says...

If you want to debate over President-Elect Obama and the Democratic Party, please do so in the Debate forum.

This thread will be locked/moved if such discussions continue.

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:51 pm
Monki says...

I have one last thing to say. I can't keep my mouth shut, so sorry if it bothers some people.

I'm sorry if I'm not as smart as some people would like me to be, or as educated about the government and such. I'm only in ninth grade. And I think I'm pretty darn smart to tell you the truth (as I've also been told). So, before you go comparing other "young teens" to someone else, take into consideration peoples' feelings first.

Just had to get this off my chest. There was a comment that really bothered me and I had to give a response.

Please and thanks.

<3,
Monki
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered