z

Young Writers Society

What will Bush do.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 am
playerj09 says...

well as most of you know tomorrow there will be a new president elected. What will happen to our current president? What do former presidents uasually do? Become senators again? Im just curious I guess.

:smt082 :smt088 :smt065 :smt079 :smt074 :smt117

smilies are awesome!!
"my job was twofold 1)save lives 2)take lives. Not necessarily in that order."

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:18 am
Meshugenah says...

He finishes serving his term ^^ Though after the election, if second term, or didn't win reelection they're called a lame duck president.

The president elect is sworn in around the 20th or so of January (which I can remember because the first Bush was sworn in the day I was born, or at least that's how my mom tells it!).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:22 am
Snoink says...

Bush is probably going to take a long, heartily deserved vacation.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:51 am
Galerius says...

Bush will probably retire and occasionally come out in public to do speeches and panels for the Republicans. Otherwise, his role in US politics and society is pretty much over.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 pm
Manny says...

He's going to DisneyLand, of course!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:58 pm
Nate says...

haha, I like Mantis' comment.

Very few Presidents return to public life after serving their term(s). In fact, I think only John Adams returned to Congress.

He'll probably just do what Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Bush Senior, and Bill Clinton all did: take a couple years off, then start a charity. He'll probably write a couple books, give a lot of speeches, and continue to do fund raising events for the Republican party. In a couple years, I wouldn't be surprised if you see him and Bill Clinton doing stuff together.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:04 pm
spaced_out says...

you mean disneyWORLD.

the hall of prezes dhut down at DL years ago.

MATT
if you can dream YOU CAN DO IT!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 pm
TNCowgirl says...

There is no way this election is going to be over in one day. I give it a week before it's cleared all the way up.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm
Nate says...

TNCowgirl wrote:There is no way this election is going to be over in one day. I give it a week before it's cleared all the way up.

Please stay on topic

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:02 pm
Cade says...

playerj09 wrote:What will happen to our current president? What do former presidents uasually do? Become senators again?
Well, not every president was a former senator, of course. And as Nate said (I think he's right) only Adams actually went back to Congress.

I think if I had just served eight terms as president, I'd sit back and do absolutely nothing for a week. Just flop over in my La-Z-Boy and watch some Comedy Central.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 am
Manny says...

lol, I think you mean eight years. Eight terms would be 32 years. I'm sure W will enjoy himself, as he probably has enough money to retire comfortably. He'll probably just settle back down in Texas or something.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 am
Gadi. says...

In fact, W. did say he'll settle down in his little Texas ranch after Jan. 20.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist