z

Young Writers Society

Halloween

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:00 pm
thatannagirl says...

Halloween: the only day you can dress like a police(wo)man without getting arrested. What costume are you wearing?

Last year I was a mime, but I love talking too much, so this year I'm going to be an Ice Fairy. I can freeze you with my frosty stare. :smt110

(Sorry if there is another thread for this, I couldn't find one)
Last edited by thatannagirl on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm
Clo says...

I'm being an old crazy cat lady. I don't think many people will get it.
How am I not myself?

13 Reviews

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 pm
thatannagirl says...

Haha, that's awesome. Some of my favorite costumes are one's most people don't get.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:52 pm
Rydia says...

I'm going to be totally unoriginal and dress as a devil on Saturday but on Halloween itself? Maybe I'll just be my usual scary self... or I might go with my grim reaper outfit just for the fun of it. Who knows?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm
Blink says...

I don't need a costume.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

^ That's a good one.

Neither do I! :P
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm
Fishr says...

Well, one I wouldn't call it a costume per say.... *coughs* Friday morning, I'll going into work in my 18th c. shee-bang; shirt, waistcoat, breeches, stockings, mess kit that'll be tucked in the haversack, canteen, spectacles, gaiters, buckled shoes, maybe the Coat and the foraging cap but I won't go in with the cartridge boxes or bayonet strapped to my side. As a collector, when I'm not off shooting the Doodles, I don't feel comfortable in tight quarters in case a young child pulled the bayo from its scabbard.

After that, once I disamble my kit, I'm strongly thinking about staying in my breeches, stockings and shoes but not wear the waistcoat; I'll put that back in its spot in the closet and put on my usual "zombie" facial makeup, complete with a noose that I'll tie later for the night. ;)

Yeah... I really get into Halloween... I just love getting into clothes and transforming not only physically but taking on the persona mentally.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 pm
keirab says...

Two of my friends and I are dressing like NUNS!!

We look INCREDIBLE.
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

13 Reviews

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 pm
thatannagirl says...

Garrison: that sounds sweet! Have you ever done acting or anything? It sounds like you'd enjoy it.

keirab: hmmm... I've never heard of nuns looking "INCREDIBLE", but coolio. :)

365 Reviews

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 pm
Fishr says...

Technically, I am acting but we "living" historians call it re-enacting. ;) Basically, the encampment is behind the scenes of a stage but the battlefield IS the stage.

Make sense?

Thanks too.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

13 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:07 am
thatannagirl says...

Ooh. That makes sense. I saw your "costume" on Post a Pic. Re-enactments are fun, to watch anyway, I don't know what it's to actually be in it.
Last edited by thatannagirl on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:09 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

A NERD!
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:24 am
Anna Graham says...

I know what you all mean about people not understanding your costume. When I was a fly in elementary school, someone thought I was a fairy! Do fairies have multiple legs?

--Anna
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

365 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:45 am
Fishr says...

Re-enactments are fun, to watch anyway, I don't know what it's to actually be in it.

The feeling is undescribable. With the cannons going off behind me, the smell of the powder engulfing my lungs, the air turning into a white but thick cloud and all the while I'm listening to the commands of either my Sgt. or the Commanding Officer of our Unit bellowing. I'm eaither marching in unison in a straight line or running with the line. So many things are going through my had at once.

The experience really brings home what the past was like for a soldier of the period. Besides, it's not just the marching, drilling, remembering military curtosies; it's the people themselves. I've made some pretty awesome people from around New England and Canada. So, it's very much a supportive group, kind of like a family of sorts.

365 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:46 am
Fishr says...

And yes, I'm so a nerd! :)

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett