z

Young Writers Society

High School Seniors: Class of 2009!

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:54 am
Cade says...

SAT scores for the October SAT came out on Thursday. Yes, my life does, in fact, revolve around such things. I'm really happy because I raised my scores on all three sections and got a perfect 800 on Verbal (Critical Reading, sorry, College Board) so hooray!

OMG Film is so much fun. Plus my teacher is the most sacreligious politically incorrect person ever and she is wonderful.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

758 Reviews

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 pm
Cade says...

*pokes* Wake up, guys, even the sophomores have started a thread!

So what's new in your senior year? I just sent off my first college application, EARLY DECISION aaaahhh...

I have a ton of Calc homework. It is difficult. I also have a ton of physics homework. Which I will go do. Right now.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm
smorgishborg says...

Ah, senior year is kinda interesting. Workload is the same-ish, but the real surprising thing is how collegial all the teachers suddenly are. "Yeah sure, get your work done whenever" was pretty much what our Spanish teacher told us this year. But my time is kinda being eaten up by theater productions, and fencing practices, and the work for a club I'm doing. Oh yeah, and college. I'm applying Early to a school but there's no way I'm jinxing it and telling people which one. but it's away from home, and that is good.

Taking Calc and Euro and English and Spanish, with Creative Writing and Theater on the side. Dropped a science because I hate science. In NY we don't really have to take one, past physics in Junior year. *laughs at Cade*

It's also kinda depressing, because I everything I do now is the last _____ I'll ever be in. But there's also that bold new future and everything that comes with that. I'm kinda excited about my summer, because I'm trying to get a job working for the AMC up in New Hampshire building trails and hiking parts of the AT by default. That'll be cool. Wish I could vote. Oh well, New York is as blue as you'll ever get, so it doesn't really matter in the end...

Hint: My favorite college is in a swing state...!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

It cost $7 million to build the Titanic, and $200 million to make a film about it.
The plastic ties on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

758 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:08 am
Cade says...

Haha, so's my favorite college (in a swing state, that is)...except everyone knows what it is! I don't care about jinxing. My friends all know I have a huge crush on Swarthmore.

I live in NY too, smorg...I technically could have quit math and science after my sophomore year because I had enough credits but I chose not to. It's not so bad. AP Physics is amazing. I did drop Spanish after sophomore year...and good thing, too, all my friends are suffering in AP and I'm taking Film Genre and an art class instead, and Psychology and Literature of Social Criticism next semester.

Aww, I wanna know your school, smorg!

758 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:12 am
Cade says...

P.S. I am so jealous of your prospective summer job.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 am
niccy_v says...

I have one week of ... second last year ... left. In Australia we go feb 4 -dec 7 (roughly) (but i finish beginning of nov rather than beginning of december coz of exams)

I'm doing my 'senior year equivelent' next year and don't finish until halfway through october because 'seniors' at my school leave for 3 weeks before exams start for proper study.

Almost a senior. How stressful next year shall be
Writing gives my life purpose

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 am
Flemzo says...

I remember being a senior so long ago (CLASS OF 08!!). Senior year does indeed suck, but there's so much awesome that goes along with it. In my school, seniors got such lenient treatment on the rules that it was pretty much anything goes. A bunch of my friends once got in an argument with the teacher about something so ridiculously stupid that he sent us to the hallway to talk to us about our behavior (read, "laugh with us about what we just did").

Enjoy it while you can. It's the only high school graduation you'll ever get.

And word of warning: if your school district bought brand new chairs for the seniors to sit in, don't spray silly string on them. Or do, and ruin it for the class below you (sorry WHS class of 09)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:32 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

seniors think their the stuff. newsflash, they aren't.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

758 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 am
Cade says...

silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:seniors think their the stuff. newsflash, they aren't.
Yeah, we do think our the stuff!

:D You'll be a senior someday, and then you'll get to revel in the glory of too much work. Bragging rights are earned.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 am
niccy_v says...

Cade wrote:
silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:seniors think their the stuff. newsflash, they aren't.
Yeah, we do think our the stuff!

:D You'll be a senior someday, and then you'll get to revel in the glory of too much work. Bragging rights are earned.

Ahh could not agree more!! We have
- river cruise
- valedictory dinner
- parade in front of year 7 to 11 where we get streamers thrown over us and balloons
- muck up day (doubt i'll actually get one come next october)
- muck up photo (i doubt that going ahead after this years catastrophe *coughbadclothingcough*

Then bam we have exams.
ALL THAT WORK we deserve bragging rights thankyou!
Last edited by niccy_v on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing gives my life purpose

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:39 am
Nutty says...

Haha... I'm the class of '09 too. Our seniors do something different each year... this year's leavers are going to go for the dinner thing (get drunk) and go paintballing. Lots of fun.
I hope our year gets to do something awesome...
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet