z

Young Writers Society

High School Seniors: Class of 2009!

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 am
Cade says...

Hey fellow seniors/foreign equivalent! What's up? How's it going? Is senior year loads of fun, too much work, or both?

What are you planning to do after high school? College/university? Work? Military? Volunteer? Peace Corps?
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:02 am
JabberHut says...

Senior year is my most stressful year. Is that awesome or what? I have officially caught senioritis. I want to leave high school and all of its stupid drama behind and enter college to a new load of drama and stress.

...Now that I think about it, I dont' really wanna. XD

But I'm totally going to a university afterwards. I'm excited for college. ^_^

Oh, what? '09!

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:59 am
Emerson says...

mmm yay!

This year, academically, is a lot easier than I thought it would be. This is ignoring my efforts at the ACT and college applications and what not. So it's not too bad just yet - it might get worse.

I'm planning to go to Truman University, in my lovely state of Missouri. I honestly don't want to apply elsewhere. I plan to go in with a linguistics major and leave with one. errr and then I don't know what. :P Law school? Something awesome, that is for sure.

I've already purchased my cap and gown which is really weird. I haven't got senior pictures yet though. Er, I sort of missed them. XD
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I've been having a pretty easy year too, not counting the stuff I'm doing for college. I still don't have a specific one that I want to go to. I've got it narrowed down to several, but I really want to go to Hawaii Pacific. They have a really good marine biology department, and of course, it's Hawaii.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:38 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

You know, I keep forgetting I'm a senior until someone reminds me. Like, I totally forgot until I saw the picture-day posters that I can have the senior packet, with the snazzy cap and gown and an outfit of my choice (we have uniforms at my school, so that's a big deal XD).

Gah, senior year is craziness incarnate. I sort of procrastinated in doing college stuff and now it's all jumping down my throat at one time. Plus, I'm student president at school and doing a lot of extracurricular stuff with the school and the homework load is insane this year (I swear, I'm not the only one thinks that either... we have discussions on it sometimes...) and I'm trying to get a decent amount of writing done... so yeah... I'm really busy and stressed. But at the same time, I really don't know if I'd change anything about it.

Class of '09! Get ready world, 'cuz we is comin' to getcha!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:54 pm
Teague says...

*spray-paints Class of 2010 all over and runs away*

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

758 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:18 pm
Cade says...

*banishes Teague* Stupid juniors.

I feel your pain, Gryphon. I didn't totally procrastinate on college stuff, but I decided to apply Early Decision to Swarthmore College (it is so very pretty and elitist) and my school registrar needs all our forms in ten school days before the deadline, so even though the deadline is November 15th, I have to submit my app and hand my stuff to the registrar by October 31st nooooes. I'm also in four APs, editor-in-chiefing the literary magazine, and all this other stuff. I can't wait until second semester when I can blow off all the homework and just do the litmag.

CR - Hawaii? Can I please come visit/live under your bed?

And the only writing I've been able to do is essays for AP Lit and my college essays.

What are y'all writing your college essays about?
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

758 Reviews

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:13 am
Cade says...

*poke* Wake up! We can't let those juniors and freshmen steal our thunder...and no doubt the sophomores will pop up too.

So what's new? We have all this drama right now because our Halloween dance has been postponed. Teachers refuse to chaperone the dance because they don't want to sit there for three hours watching people grind (I wouldn't either). But yeah, apparently the administration is going to try "dance reform" to make everyone stop being so goshdarn sexual, but it's not going to work out--people will just boycott the dance, have parties outside of school, and get drunk at said parties. :P

I wouldn't go to the dance either way.

On a happy note, my Film Genre class is the best thing EVER. Well, except maybe Sociology last year. Soc was pretty awesome. Film gets close. We're in our Westerns unit and we just finished up The Searchers and now we're starting The Wild Bunch and it is just...fantastic.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 am
Angel of Death says...

Seniors suck
~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:01 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Hey, not cool, Angel. Just think... Soon you will be one. *evil smirk*

Anyhoo, you notice that as soon as we have our own thread, the cyute ickle not-seniors start making their own threads?

You have a film genre class, Cade? What is that about? (It sounds uber awesome. *is jealous*)
I am reminded of the babe by you.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:15 pm
Fishr says...

*spray-paints a big, red X through, and paints in pretty, wonderful letters Class of 2000*

Come on, Everyone knows the Class of 2000 was the best group forward. We were part of the new mellenium - woot! Can't beat that honor with a stick. :P
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

758 Reviews

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 am
Cade says...

I do have a Film Genre class! It is most epic.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:46 am
Angel of Death says...

Well Gryphon, we only make our own threads because seniors are such great role models.

*spray paints that seniors are ok...sometimes*

Darn I will be one one day.

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:12 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Wow. I remember my senior year. Or at least the fun stuff I did. I didn't go to college right out of high school, so it was really, really stress free for me. Everyone else worried about college applications and stuff. But, good luck to everyone with whatever you plan to do after high school.

Cade wrote:We're in our Westerns unit and we just finished up The Searchers and now we're starting The Wild Bunch and it is just...fantastic.

That's sounds like so much fun. Last Tuesday, I started an 8 week class, English 202: Introduction to Film as Literature, we are doing westerns right now, too. This week is The Outlaw Josey Wales for me. *drools over The Wild Bunch*

:D
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Aw, you get a film genre class? No fair. I'm stuck with a stupid psychology class for an elective. Small town schools suck.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat