z

Young Writers Society

What's twilight?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 pm
sudz_amigo says...

Sorry to be asking this...but I seriously don't know!What is this twilight?It crops up all the time on YWS. Anything vampire related,its gotta be twilight!Could someone please explain?!!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:41 pm
xGraceex says...

Two months ago i didnt know either, but it is an amazing book written by Stephanie Myrer, about a girl called bella swan falling in love with a vampire, who wants her blood. There are three more books after that, new moon, eclipse and breaking dawn. It is an amazing series and i would definatly recomend it, the first book is fantastic but i personally dont think the others were as good, but youv got to make that opinion youself by reading them - dont listen to people who say there own opinions on the serise, read it youself and see if you like it! read the first one at least and you will love it :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

18 Reviews

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:03 pm
sudz_amigo says...

Ohh..it's a book then?!!Finally!!!!! The mystery's revealed to me!LOL!!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm
xGraceex says...

:P lol i was just the same! i was like "what the heck is twilight???" then someone told me! :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

18 Reviews

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:39 pm
sudz_amigo says...

Thanx for tellin ! :D

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:30 pm
Clo says...

Run while you still can.
How am I not myself?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:49 pm
FreakyDoo12 says...

Oh this is my first time here and I saw your message. Anyway this all the things about Twilight I think.
1. it is a vampire novel
2. it was written by Stepahnie Meyer-a mormon
3. It was first published in 2005(I think)
4. main characters are Edward Cullen and Bella Swan
5. They both are in love
6. But Edward is a Vampire and Bella is human
7.Erm there are other characters but these are the main ones.
So what do you think? Good or not,
Scared are you?

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:43 am
MissMorose says...

Here's what I think, and yes, there are some small spoilers.
[spoiler]Twilight, quite frankly is a poorly written series, spanning four books. All of them lack any literary "omph" so to speak, and her characters (Especially Edward) are shallow and plastic. Bella is a whiny, very clingy girl, who has a number of boys running after her, but apparently she's "normal" according to Stephanie Meyer. The last book has no plot planned out, as Meyer disregards her previous books (not to mention simple logic) and in the end, we have a fake, very perfect ending, and the reader feels robbed as the so-called "battle" never happened, wasting hundreds of sheets of paper. In the end, Bella ends up with her husband, daughter (very cute, half human child who exhibits an uncanny resemblance to Anne Rice's Taltos characters in some ways) and family (human and vampire) as well as the werewolves (who aren't werewolves like we thought for the past three books but apparently shapeshifters, who just happened to become a vampire's worst enemy) I could go on and on...but you should get the point by now. Meyer is no J.K Rowling, neither is she very good at even simple writing (as Twilight is for young adults) [/spoiler]
*Insanity is a gift that broadens the mind*

18 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 pm
lxtmidnight says...

Clo wrote:Run while you still can.

Seconded.
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:07 pm
kittykat says...

My friend is addicted to the series, it's a little disturbing. Lol, anyway, I like the first book, but like Grace said up above, the other three weren't that great. I thought that the second and third were pretty good, but I just got bored with the last.

You should take a look at least and see yourself. Be warned though... don't get addicted. Although it is slightly funny... :D

^_^ - kittykat
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:18 am
Princess says...

Don't listen to the people above.. Read it and get your own opinion.. Don't steal somebody else's
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

18 Reviews

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:44 am
View Likes
sudz_amigo says...

Sure... but I don't think I'll get it here. I have to wait for someone to get me a copy from the U.S.!! That might take anywhere between a year to two :D:D
:lol:

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:05 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Hahaha...what's funny about Twilight is that everyone is either rabidly in love with the series or rabidly hateful. Except me...I'm in the middle somewhere. I didn't like Breaking Dawn. But I thought Twilight was pretty good, and Eclipse too. I'm pretty excited for the movie - the cast involves some of my favorite actors (Kristen Stewart, woot woot!) So I'm psyched to see it. I have a feeling I'll like the film better than the books. :)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:14 pm
Anna Graham says...

I think it just depends on the reader, really. If they're expecting a steak dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and drink of choice, (Like something by Charles Dickens) they're going to be disappointed to find themselves swallowing an easy-to-chew double chocolate chip cookie.

For those with a sweet tooth, I think most of the time Twilight would do just fine. :wink:

--Anna
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:39 pm
Leapy says...

MissMorose wrote:Here's what I think, and yes, there are some small spoilers.
[spoiler]Twilight, quite frankly is a poorly written series, spanning four books. All of them lack any literary "omph" so to speak, and her characters (Especially Edward) are shallow and plastic. Bella is a whiny, very clingy girl, who has a number of boys running after her, but apparently she's "normal" according to Stephanie Meyer. The last book has no plot planned out, as Meyer disregards her previous books (not to mention simple logic) and in the end, we have a fake, very perfect ending, and the reader feels robbed as the so-called "battle" never happened, wasting hundreds of sheets of paper. In the end, Bella ends up with her husband, daughter (very cute, half human child who exhibits an uncanny resemblance to Anne Rice's Taltos characters in some ways) and family (human and vampire) as well as the werewolves (who aren't werewolves like we thought for the past three books but apparently shapeshifters, who just happened to become a vampire's worst enemy) I could go on and on...but you should get the point by now. Meyer is no J.K Rowling, neither is she very good at even simple writing (as Twilight is for young adults) [/spoiler]

I absolutely LOVE you for this! haha.

I totally agree though, everyone either loves it or hates it in the end. Everyone I knew around me was completely obsessed with it (From 15-30 year old..O.o) so I was pretty much forced to read it... and was highly disappointed.. oh god.. I ranted for about a week.. Although I have alot more hope for the movie... I mean c'mon they actually have to have a plot in that one. lol.

I will say its probably more based on what your used to reading.. I stopped reading Young Adult along time ago (Current vampire authors include: Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherrilyn Kenyon...etc) but I can pinpoint a much better selection of young adult vampire books then these, and they all belong to Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. She was only 14 when she published her first... and it was so much better...-.-

So yeah... much more hope for the movie.
~*Don't Tear Me Down*~

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight