z

Young Writers Society

Is Your Password Secure?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:43 am
BigBadBear says...

Lol. I use the same password for everything too. It's easier for me to remember what password goes to what.

And, haha, my password doesn't follow any of those rules up there. @_@

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 am
Dream Deep says...

*changes password*

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:56 am
Trident says...

I change my password for school every six months or something, so I get all confused because I often use that password for everything and then some of them don't get changed and I don't know what password I've used for something. I'm really terrible with passwords.
Perception is everything.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 am
Demeter says...

My password is not "secure"! I won't tell you what it is, but at least it's not "secure"! :P

I should probably change it. But then I won't remember what I changed it to...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 am
LilyJamey says...

Most of my passwords are 0 hitters, except my RuneScape and Friendster ones. Runescape isn't that important, so I'll just change my Friendster one.

About 9 of my passwords used to be my pseudonym, then I changed them to another pseudonym, then I changed them what it is now. They're all slightly different, though. Since it's been a while since I've had a pseudonym, I deduce that my password is too old. So I'll change it. Thanks.
Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:29 am
niteowl says...

Yeah I'm glad I was forced to make a secure password for my school ID. It had to have so many characters and at least 3 of the four types: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, symbol, and number. Just Googled it and got no hits.

Another tip I got from that site: Try making up a random sentence and use the first letters and numbers to make a password. For example "I ate 45 slices of cheese yesterday." becomes "Ia45socy".

Got plenty of hits for my YWS password and some of my other old ones though, so I should change those. Thanks for the tip.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 pm
Tatra says...

Well, one of my passwords is still safe on google, and the hits for the other one still haven't changed since the last time. Tis a random string of letters and words though.
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:24 am
niccy_v says...

Well, yeah, I use the same password for everything.
I'm screwed if my friends wise up. I put too much trust in them haha.

2 people know my myspace, but seriously, what the hell will they do with my myspace? Spam my friends with 'you're a so and so'? Yeah. Ouch.

My password returned like... zero hits! Wooo
Writing gives my life purpose

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 pm
deleted2 says...

xD the password I use for a bunch of things (YWS, facebook, blogs, etc o.O methinks I'll be changing it asap) had a total of 666 hits on google *win* haha !

My best friend knows that password; I was once without internet and called her and had her check my email for me ^^ we keep no secrets, lol, I know her passwords as well.

My 'more secure' one had 448 hits on google. I'll leave that one be.

My 'super secure' one has ZERO hits! *epic win*

But... I shall change my commonly used devil-number-of-google-hits YWS/facebook/blogs password 'cause it clearly isn't as good as I'd like it to be *nod*

XxxDo

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 pm
Evi says...

Oopsie-daisy.

My password came back with 1,020,000 results. But, disasterous consequences will occur if I change it. So, I'll just risk my entire life being hacked-into instead of changing it to something I'm forget.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 am
anti-pop says...

I am officially content with my password here on YWS. Google only had three hits.
Hurray! Now I don't have to change it and worry about being permanently confused.
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain