z

Young Writers Society

Is Your Password Secure?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:43 am
BigBadBear says...

Lol. I use the same password for everything too. It's easier for me to remember what password goes to what.

And, haha, my password doesn't follow any of those rules up there. @_@

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 am
Dream Deep says...

*changes password*

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:56 am
Trident says...

I change my password for school every six months or something, so I get all confused because I often use that password for everything and then some of them don't get changed and I don't know what password I've used for something. I'm really terrible with passwords.
Perception is everything.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 am
Demeter says...

My password is not "secure"! I won't tell you what it is, but at least it's not "secure"! :P

I should probably change it. But then I won't remember what I changed it to...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 am
LilyJamey says...

Most of my passwords are 0 hitters, except my RuneScape and Friendster ones. Runescape isn't that important, so I'll just change my Friendster one.

About 9 of my passwords used to be my pseudonym, then I changed them to another pseudonym, then I changed them what it is now. They're all slightly different, though. Since it's been a while since I've had a pseudonym, I deduce that my password is too old. So I'll change it. Thanks.
Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:29 am
niteowl says...

Yeah I'm glad I was forced to make a secure password for my school ID. It had to have so many characters and at least 3 of the four types: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, symbol, and number. Just Googled it and got no hits.

Another tip I got from that site: Try making up a random sentence and use the first letters and numbers to make a password. For example "I ate 45 slices of cheese yesterday." becomes "Ia45socy".

Got plenty of hits for my YWS password and some of my other old ones though, so I should change those. Thanks for the tip.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 pm
Tatra says...

Well, one of my passwords is still safe on google, and the hits for the other one still haven't changed since the last time. Tis a random string of letters and words though.
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:24 am
niccy_v says...

Well, yeah, I use the same password for everything.
I'm screwed if my friends wise up. I put too much trust in them haha.

2 people know my myspace, but seriously, what the hell will they do with my myspace? Spam my friends with 'you're a so and so'? Yeah. Ouch.

My password returned like... zero hits! Wooo
Writing gives my life purpose

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 pm
deleted2 says...

xD the password I use for a bunch of things (YWS, facebook, blogs, etc o.O methinks I'll be changing it asap) had a total of 666 hits on google *win* haha !

My best friend knows that password; I was once without internet and called her and had her check my email for me ^^ we keep no secrets, lol, I know her passwords as well.

My 'more secure' one had 448 hits on google. I'll leave that one be.

My 'super secure' one has ZERO hits! *epic win*

But... I shall change my commonly used devil-number-of-google-hits YWS/facebook/blogs password 'cause it clearly isn't as good as I'd like it to be *nod*

XxxDo

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 pm
Evi says...

Oopsie-daisy.

My password came back with 1,020,000 results. But, disasterous consequences will occur if I change it. So, I'll just risk my entire life being hacked-into instead of changing it to something I'm forget.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 am
anti-pop says...

I am officially content with my password here on YWS. Google only had three hits.
Hurray! Now I don't have to change it and worry about being permanently confused.
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus