Young Writers Society

Hair...

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 pm
StellaThomas says...

Ah, hair.

Okay, so I constantly have a problem when I'm, ahem, writing my, ahem, novel because I've got a princess in it. And princesses have to have nice hair. And I always have this problem: what's her hair going to look like today?

Not only that, but I wish I could do something special with my hair.

Okay, so my princess has typical princess hair, long and almost blonde.

Me, mine is shoulder length, dark, layered, and very, very curly.

So what could I do with hers or mine to make it snazzy (er)?

You help me I'll help you!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 pm
ldsprincess says...

Hrrrmmm, maybe your princess could experiment with colors? That always snazzez up hair...

I personaly want hayley williams hair.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:15 pm
JFW1415 says...

...why would you tell us what your characters hair looks like? If it were all messy and dirty and stuff, then sure, tell us, because it tells us something about her - she was going against what was expected and being 'wild'. But if it doesn't help the plot, don't tell us. xD

As for your own hair... get a hair book? xD Haha, I just pull half back if I'm too lazy to straighten it, or leave it down when it's straightened. I'm not exactly someone you should ask for that. xD

~JFW1415

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm
Teague says...

Yeah, I'm useless in the hair department. Most days I don't even brush mine. xD *is lazy*

Unhelpful post is unhelpful.

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 pm
StellaThomas says...

lol, no JFW, I'm just quite into the whole fashion side of things. I don't intend on saying what she looks like, but I need to picture her. As I said I love fashion, so I like to design outfits for my characters. And they need good hair to go with it! It's nothing to do with the actual story it's just, were you in her shoes, what would you do with your hair?

I just like hair :D. And clothes :D. I can be quite superficial.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:10 pm
JFW1415 says...

Stella Thomas wrote:lol, no JFW, I'm just quite into the whole fashion side of things. I don't intend on saying what she looks like, but I need to picture her. As I said I love fashion, so I like to design outfits for my characters. And they need good hair to go with it! It's nothing to do with the actual story it's just, were you in her shoes, what would you do with your hair?

I just like hair :D. And clothes :D. I can be quite superficial.

Haha, good.

I'd just picture curly blonde hair down to the point midway between her shoulder and elbow, with half of it pulled back into a ponytail to get it off her face, and the bottom half loose.

~JFW1415

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:22 pm
JabberHut says...

Honest to God truth here: I love Sabrina Bryan's hair. The chick from the Cheetah Girls? Love it. Not much of a fan of Cheetah Girls, but Sabrina Bryan's hair is fantastic. I want it. Badly.

^^

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm
StellaThomas says...

lol Jen, I'm quite embarrassed that you'd think that of me :blush:

There's a girl in my school two years above me who has such princess hair -so did her sister, they're German, with waist long just-not-quite blonde slightly fly away hair. I make sure I note how she has hers every day. Some days she twists it all up in a knot. Somedays she goes Princess Leia with a crown of plaits. Sometimes she down the half up half down ponytail but with the top half in a knot or a plait. Sometimes it's all in one long ponytail but the front bits are plaited before they're tied back.

I pay attention to her hair. My other friend did this thing that I like to call a meringue with hers, twisting it into the centre really loosely so it didn't look too formal but it was really pretty.

That's what sucks about being a curly girl, I can't do all these pretty things with my hair :(.

Sabrina Bryan was on the American version of SCD :). I just looked her up. She does have nice hair, doesn't she?

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

Well...I thought from the title and description, this thread would be about something much different.... :oops:

And seriously, how can you expect boys to "steer clear" when you tell them to? It just doesn't work that way.

As for the hair...I use a minty conditioner to make it smell nice. And I have shampoo to clean it. Also, it's anti-dandruff 'cause my scalp gets dry during the winter months. Are you doing these things consistently? If so, then perhaps you should consider brushing or combing it.

And if all of that doesn't work, just shave it off Britney Spears style!

Hope this helped! :D
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:36 pm
StellaThomas says...

lol, sorry. Most guys freak out at stuff like this.

However, one day I was sitting on a bus with one of my best guy friends talking and I was reading something over his shoulder. Suddenly I caught a whiff of something magnificent.

"Your hair smells so nice!" I said.

He just grinned. "Thanks."

Realisation struck me from something he had said a few years before. "Uh..." I began. "You're not still using Herbal Essences are you?"

He smiled again. "Yup. Coconut and Hawaiin Hibiscus. Doesn't it smell great?"

I just laughed.

Then when we were on a school trip one of the boys forgot shampoo. So he went into my friends' room next door to his and asked if he could borrow some.

"Course you can," said one of my friends. "You want some conditioner too?"

He said he didn't really use conditioner, but she insisted and he did. Later that evening we decided to straighten another of the boys' hair (very funny) when he came back in.

"Feel how soft my hair is!" he said, and when we got home he told his mum to start buying him conditioner.

So good for you if you take care of your hair :D

And something else? Isn't that a bit... dirty??? lol.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers