z

Young Writers Society

Multiple blasts paralyse London

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:37 am
Emma says...

News just in: :(

'Large numbers of casualties have been reported after at least six explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

All Tube services and bus services in central London have been suspended.

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been," Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there had been at least six explosions, but said the picture was still "very confused".

Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is to make a live televised statement on the explosions in London at 1200 BST, Downing Street added.

All London Underground services have been suspended indefinitely and bus services in central London (Zone One) have been halted.

A spokesman for Vodafone said emergency services were being given priority access to the mobile phone network which was causing problems for other users.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

Copied from the BBC news website. '

-----------------

The rest of the story here: Plus pictures:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:51 am
Kilty says...

That is horrible. I just want to say, to English people in general, my best thoughts are with you guys, I want all the best for you, and with all my heart I hope everything improves! Tons of love--

--Kilty.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:21 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i still cant believe it happened. k so i dont live in London but we're only a
few hours away.. it felt so strange at school when everyone was crowded
round a tiny tv watching.

one of my friends was really upset cause they showed someone who was
covered in blood and having their chest pumped. but then it was live tv
and it puts everything in perspective. her argument was that if someone
is about to die (which they looked about to) then they should still have
their dignity.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:51 am
Lollipop says...

I heard this on the news too. I was soo sad! I hope everything gets sorted out soon. :cry:
Way hay!!!!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:25 pm
Midnight says...

It's horrible going on the tube at the moment. When you go past Kings Cross they've ripped out all the esclators to dig deep in to the ground and pull out the dead bodies. It's eeries and quiet and it stops at the station for a couple of seconds.

Also they've confirmed they were suicide bombers...in fact British Pakistanis from Leeds. 19,20,22 and 30 I think. One was a primary school teacher. Makes you think, I've talked about lots and lots I don't think I want to talk about it in detail right now though.
available

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:16 am
Elizabeth says...

That's horrible. I mean I don't live in London or the Uk as a matter of fact but I have so many friends living in England and Scotland. Yeesh...
Just when I thought this crazy insane war on terrorisim was just ending we have this! Just great, I hope to live long enough to see it end!

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:29 am
Kilty says...

This is all sickening. I don't even understand this war too well anyway. Anyway, I hope everything gets better in England. It's so depressing to hear about it on the news all the time.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:59 am
Midnight says...

Personally I think the problem is much deeper rooted than a 'war on terror' and the 'war on terror' has helped cause much more 'terror'. It seems many young muslims feel that the 'war on terror' is not war on terror but a continuation of what they see as persecution of the people of Islam. Then there are the rich ruthless leaders of the Islamic fundamentalist movement who take advantage of the discontent of these young people and help to radacalise them, while not getting their hands dirty themselves. The western world needs some type of real dialogue with these young people so they don't feel persecuted and that the only way to change anything is through violence.
available

oh oh it's another >.> fest
— Inferno