z

Young Writers Society

Question for guys

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:18 am
Jiggity says...

Girls have a tremendous capacity for falsehood. As do guys, it - to me anyway - just seems worse when a girl does it; something about the way they can smile and be pretty, while in fact not giving a s***. Also, y'all are far too free with the 'love' word. You can get caught up in a situation far too easily and you think you're in love when you are just infatuated, you use it, and suddenly the situation is retarded.

My ex told me she was falling for me a week after we started dating - granted, she was on top of me at the time - but even so - it had only been a week! Obviously, given the position at the time, I wasn't about to say 'I really like you, but I'm not in love with you' - it just makes things awkward. Maybe guys do it too (I wouldn't know) but I'm sure its more prevalent with girls.

I think, in general, the things that irritate and anger us, are fairly non-gender related. So you don't need to worry - you'll be hard put finding a situation that would anger a guy but not a girl.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:07 am
Clo says...

thunder_dude7 wrote:Girls being scribes? Perfect! Guys do stuff, girls document it. What a splendid idea.

I'm not a big fan of girls, but I also don't like this is extremely sexist tone that places man in superior positions to girls. How archaic. Please refrain. This tone will you get you nowhere in life.

:?
How am I not myself?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 am
Matt Bellamy says...

The rampant stereotyping in this thread is incredibly irritating, as is having to censor swear words by three different members. Swearing is not tolerated in any posts other than literary works, and if anything else inappropriate is posted in this thread, it will be locked.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Oh sorry.

I didn't know that was a swear.... SRY :wink:

I also think that a sexist way of thinking is a bit...... how to say it, not good. But Imust agree with that thing about beauty.

Girl: Anssi am I fat
Me: No

Girl: I'm fat
Me:No your not
Girl: You sure?
Me:of course
Girl:But I really am fat
Me: no you look lovely
Girl:But I'm still fat
Me: [loong and frustrated sigh]
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:39 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I think this whole thing with girls being obsessed with being fat... well that's just the way society is. Size zero culture blah blah, and guys do it just as much! The guys I know anyway. Almost every person in western society has, to some degree, an eating disorder, whether they're over eating or dieting, or just feeling crappy about their weight, everyone does it sometimes.

Anyway, I went to a girls schools for 5 years and it messed with my head =/ now I can't even be in a room with a girl without feeling really awkward and uncomfortable, just because I know as soon as I leave they'll be talking about me, grading my clothes and hair and makeup. Not all girls, of course, in fact if they were alone they wouldn't. It's just a certain kind of pack-mentality if you get what I mean. I hate to generalise, this isn't how it is for everyone, but there is a culture of it. I feel more comfortable with guys, they're easier company. Or guy-like girls, haha. I never think of myself as feminine, but someone said I was yesterday and I was like >.> huh. So I don't know, maybe I'm just as intimidating and annoying to other girls. I think in general, all people suck until you get to know them, and then only some people suck.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:52 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Adding to andimlovegalore's point, I also go to an all girls school and the amount of backstabbing that goes on in it is unbelievable. If a guy is upset with you then he'll say, whereas a girl will be really false about it then talk about it behind your back. Plus girls tend to let little things build up and guys will cut to the chase and deal with it.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:04 pm
thething912 says...

I guess the only thing that I don't understand is why they ask a question asking us to be honest and then get angry that we were honest to them. And, they also get mad when we lie. So, I guess if you think you're fat or ugly then don't ask us if you are, knowing that the answer either way is going to make you angry. (=

Plus, I don't undertand why some are so obssed with being popular. Personally, I think people can still be popular with having to do wrongful things. Like some of those popular girls do.
Check out my website for my Photography.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm
Lord Anzius says...

waiit...... what's bad with being popular... that is my dream...: to be remebered for the next 1000 years, to live forever.

That is my dream.

:)
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 pm
Twit says...

The whole thing about girls being obsessed with their appearences - I've seen guys who spend more time over how they look than girls do.

And it's very sweeping to talk about how ALL girls ALWAYS do this or that. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Girls being scribes? Perfect! Guys do stuff, girls document it. What a splendid idea.

I'm not a big fan of girls, but I also don't like this is extremely sexist tone that places man in superior positions to girls. How archaic. Please refrain. This tone will you get you nowhere in life.

1) I was being sarcastic.

2) You're the one who said that girls should be the scribes of the world.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:25 am
Kyuubi says...

If I can say something, I find them to be manipulative. And I have my reasons for saying this.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 am
Carlito says...

TL G-Wooster wrote:And it's very sweeping to talk about how ALL girls ALWAYS do this or that. :)

Yeah, try not to say that ALL girls are like this because it's not true. Not every single girl on the planet wears make-up and spends three hours doing her hair. I bet not even half are like that. Not everyone cares if they fit into size 0 pants and not everyone cares what kind of clothes they are wearing.
Typically girls do over dramatize most things. Two of my friends last year honestly could not go a day without getting mad at each other over something. At one point there was a two day argument that dragged in several other people because one person said the other person's outfit was ugly. But again, this isn't ALL girls. I have friends that can not go a day with out getting into some drama and I have friends that have not once been involved in drama.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 am
thunder_dude7 says...

If I can say something, I find them to be manipulative.

Oh, I should have thought of that. Darn.

I find many girls are very obsessed with getting a boyfriend, but once they're in the relationship, they don't do anything to sustain it.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm
aszecsei says...

The fact that if you say something around them, you don't know whether or not
a) this will upset them to the extreme
b) they will laugh and we will be better friends for sharing in this, etc.

to me, guys seem more predictable - and i care less about how they react. although i'm trying to change and not care how ANYONE reacts.
When in doubt...obfuscate!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

midnightwolf92 wrote:If I can say something, I find them to be manipulative. And I have my reasons for saying this.

I disagree, guys are manipulative in a way, if you think about it.

and Thing, not all girl obsess over their appearances, I for one don't. you should see my hair right now. Its in a bun and I have a head band around it to hold the lose strings up wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, so yeah i really dont obsess over my apearance. Plus im at school. So yeah. Not all girls get mad either, its jst mainly the girls who are supr popular and think that their perfect.

Just pointing that out :D

~jen
"Hello, is this thing on?"

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire