z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a Few Good Freelance Writers!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 pm
PinkAurora says...

I just started a website called My Kind Of College. It can be found here: www.mykindofcollege.com
It's a site that uses cartoons and illustrations to teach kids and students about college and college life. It's a free site and meant to be a resource for anyone trying to learn about college and college life regardless of their education level, economic background, etc.

I just graduated from college and this site has been a real passion for me. I'm basically looking for several young writers who can write articles for the site. Even if you haven't been to college yet, but have done college research, please consider applying!

The site has a wide range of articles from How to Deposit a Check in a Bank, How to Stop Procrastinating, and How to Conquer Your College Fears. A new article is added once a week (currently). Check out the website and if you have an idea for an article tell me about it! That could be an article that you could write.
Even if you are unsure about the article you may want to write, still email me, and we'll brainstorm together.

If you're a good writer and you're passionate, then I want to work with you. However, because this is a website that is accessed by anyone from elementary school students to budding college students and even parents, I need you to write at a level that can be easily understood by anyone - and of course no curse words.

Oh, and if you like to draw, contact me too! The site is full of cartoons and illustrations!

For more details please email me at rraphael@mykindofcollege.com
I look forward to hearing from you! :)
Last edited by PinkAurora on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:44 pm
Stori says...

This sounds interesting. How long do you want us to spend writing each article?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 pm
PinkAurora says...

If there's a topic that you're very passionate about, then spend as much time as you would like on the article. Ideally, you should try to spend no more than a few days writing and editing your article. I'm not looking for a novel, just an article that would keep your average reader entertained and engaged. So with that in mind, I think between 500-700 words would be ideal. Check out some of the articles on the website. They'll give you an idea as to the length and language that should be achieved. If you would like more information, then please feel free to email me at the address listed above.

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin