z

Young Writers Society

idea: a "finished" work database

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 pm
romance otaku says...

many people came to YWS as a "test" for their writing, where then it would be revised and edited. for novels especially, it might be cool if we could get a page of "complete" and "done"work to download and read and not have to comment and crit it. (as in every chapter of a novel put together, or a mini collection of poems)

it would take up a TON of bandwidth, i think, but it would still be cool. maybe an ad on the "downloading" screen would help pay for the cost. i know what i "graduate" from YWS i'd love it if people could download my work for entertainment without the need to "bump" it every 5 minutes just so people could see it. a download count would be fun too, to show which is the most popular and whatnot.

well, what do you think?
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:18 pm
Emerson says...

I think it sounds interesting! But I'm not sure of the purpose? I suppose if you have a whole finished novel you could put it up for read, but where is the fun in not getting reviews/responses? Even a finished product could use some of love! (Or further editing...) I'm not sure what kind of area of YWS you're looking for - we have the Advanced Critique section for longer work. And if you'd really like to do this for yourself, sites like freewebs.com or geocities.com can be used to host document files.

Can you describe what kind of feature you're looking for in more detail?

Also, the next time you have an idea for YWS, post it in the suggestion/comments thread. For now, just leave this idea here. ^_^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:40 pm
Snoink says...

Psh! When I am done with a work that is "good enough," I am not going to post it on YWS, I am going to try to publish it!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 pm
romance otaku says...

i actually do have a freeweb, but you cant get many views on it, and you need to keep it running or it will delete on you. and they don't really get many views, let alone by people who like to read.

also, i don't think i am going to publish my first work. it would seem a bit too... i dont have a word for it. the main idea is to have a database of most of the willing writers' works for others to enjoy online, without having to be a member to download them or search through hundreds of drafts and chapters
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:53 pm
View Likes
ldsprincess says...

romance otaku wrote:i actually do have a freeweb, but you cant get many views on it, and you need to keep it running or it will delete on you. and they don't really get many views, let alone by people who like to read.

also, i don't think i am going to publish my first work. it would seem a bit too... i dont have a word for it. the main idea is to have a database of most of the willing writers' works for others to enjoy online, without having to be a member to download them or search through hundreds of drafts and chapters

Kinda like Itunes but with books!
That's an awesome idea...
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:49 am
Syte says...

I like the idea myself, and I hope you find a way to accomplish it. As Suzanne suggested, you could try suggesting it.

One idea is you could create a site or a group on YWS, and send us a link in the lounge.

If you really want to bring this into fruition, I'm sure you'll find a way :)

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered