z

Young Writers Society

I Love Emo!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm
Fishr says...

Paramore -

By those photos, you have examples of Punk, borderline Hardcore, 'pending which swing of the genre of music the person listens too. Hardcore, being a sub-genre of Metel and Punk, which is in its own class.

Emo simply is a shortened title of Emotional, a genre, like Punk Rock, is set alone. There are many sterotypes surrounding "Emo." So, what? If I'm depressed or deeply sad because my dog was hit by a car, I'm automatically shuffled to the Emo catagory? Teenagers. They know so little. Glad I was never one. ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:38 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

HAHAHA!!!!!!!! Jared leto is my god, hes not emo his band is, I love him so but i understand hes not emo.

I hate the fact that some 'emos' like certain music just because its emo. I mean i have this friend called Daniel and he only likes kids in glass houses because there emo, when i told him to listen to them probley he said the singers voice sounded horrible and high pitched. I myself love them but guys stop pretending you like stuff cuz its fashion.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 pm
Clo says...

can we give up on the emo thing?

There are other things to talk about.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:56 pm
Vampire Lover says...

Tusker93 wrote:To be honest I don't really like thinking of people as emos, goths, chavs etc. I just think of them as people who wear different clothes - but just because they wear a certain range of clothing doesn't mean you can stereotype their age group or behaviour.

It isn't just teenagers I've seen plenty of adults who look 'emo' and loads of emos are pretty happy too, their not all psychodepressive. Same with chavs everyone's got a stereotype on them too.

You can say emos need to grow up but really when you say that it shows you haven't matured yourself.

At least someone is smart! I am emo and Im not "depressed all the time" I have my moments but other than that I am Happy and very Hyper ALL THE TIME! Emo people aren't people who need to grow up. They are people who have already been to the other side of the dark and through the light and back again! They are people who have seen life and how bad it can truely be! Most of the time emos
are ALWAYS happy! Those who cut theirselves are usually going through a really really really tuff time!
The ones who cut theirselves have seen the darkest of life....but most of the time they are posers. There is honestly only a select few that cut themselves for sucidal thoughts! But you guys need to take a step back and seriously re-read the definition of EMO because they are not horrible. They are way more mature than those who look at them in disgust. They are also very romantic souls. Those of you who say "they need to grow up" or "I once went that way but then I grew up", just think for a minute. Did you really grow up or was your reputation getting ruined? Honestly, my opinion of emo is that they are the wise. Listen to them.
"Live like a kindergarten, you don't have to have the coolest clothes, the hottest boyfriend or girlfriend, you just have to eat the most paste and have the biggest box of colored pencils."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:35 pm
Galerius says...

At least someone is smart!

because clearly intelligence has to do with personal preference and opinion.

I am emo and Im not "depressed all the time" I have my moments but other than that I am Happy and very Hyper ALL THE TIME!

"your moments"? and what would those be?

Emo people aren't people who need to grow up. They are people who have already been to the other side of the dark and through the light and back again! They are people who have seen life and how bad it can truely be!

oh yeah, since you know the struggles of hardship you are completely quailifeid to make that statment. because you've had a relative whos dying from cancer and you had to watch them fall apart piece by piece. because your a child on the streets of calcutta, unwashed, unloved and basically a living corpse whose existence is to beg until 25 when he dies. because youve had to endure open persecution and hate (and by that i mean screaming insults and phyiscal torture/mutilation) for what you are or believe in.

...yeah, you dont have it tough compared to 5 billion people in this world, stop complaining and pretending that emos are God.

Most of the time emos
are ALWAYS happy!

show me one emo band that plays happy music. just one.

Those who cut theirselves are usually going through a really really really tuff time!

which would be approximately 90% of them

The ones who cut theirselves have seen the darkest of life....but most of the time they are posers.

thank you for finally admitting it. emos are posers.

There is honestly only a select few that cut themselves for sucidal thoughts! But you guys need to take a step back and seriously re-read the definition of EMO because they are not horrible. They are way more mature than those who look at them in disgust. They are also very romantic souls. Those of you who say "they need to grow up" or "I once went that way but then I grew up", just think for a minute. Did you really grow up or was your reputation getting ruined? Honestly, my opinion of emo is that they are the wise. Listen to them.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

emos are not wise, emos are priveleged upper-middle-class brats with 20000 sq ft homes and 3 cars who think they've hit the bottom of life because their girlfriend dumped them or their dad smokes or whatever. being emo is the most immature existence possibly short of being a crying baby because emos cannot get past their sorrows like normal people. instead they complain about their petty problems and think somebody actually cares.

365 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 pm
Fishr says...

Vampire Lover -

Switch to de-Caf. I rest my case. Young teenagers know so little -- most of them anyway.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:53 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Vampire Lover -

Switch to de-Caf. I rest my case. Young teenagers know so little -- most of them anyway.

Yeah. What he said. And lay off the soda, too.

Yeah. Most teenagers are just stupid. Unless you're me or a select few others.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:34 pm
Vampire Lover says...

Yah okay firt of all I DONT DRINK COFFEE! Second Im not that big on soda either. Third stop telling me what to do acting like i have problems or something if i want to be hyper i should be able too! I have a.d.d. thank you very much![/quote]At least someone is smart!

because clearly intelligence has to do with personal preference and opinion.

Quote:
I am emo and Im not "depressed all the time" I have my moments but other than that I am Happy and very Hyper ALL THE TIME!

"your moments"? and what would those be?

Quote:
Emo people aren't people who need to grow up. They are people who have already been to the other side of the dark and through the light and back again! They are people who have seen life and how bad it can truely be!

oh yeah, since you know the struggles of hardship you are completely quailifeid to make that statment. because you've had a relative whos dying from cancer and you had to watch them fall apart piece by piece. because your a child on the streets of calcutta, unwashed, unloved and basically a living corpse whose existence is to beg until 25 when he dies. because youve had to endure open persecution and hate (and by that i mean screaming insults and phyiscal torture/mutilation) for what you are or believe in.

...yeah, you dont have it tough compared to 5 billion people in this world, stop complaining and pretending that emos are God.

Quote:
Most of the time emos
are ALWAYS happy!

show me one emo band that plays happy music. just one.

Quote:
Those who cut theirselves are usually going through a really really really tuff time!

which would be approximately 90% of them

Quote:
The ones who cut theirselves have seen the darkest of life....but most of the time they are posers.

thank you for finally admitting it. emos are posers.

Quote:
There is honestly only a select few that cut themselves for sucidal thoughts! But you guys need to take a step back and seriously re-read the definition of EMO because they are not horrible. They are way more mature than those who look at them in disgust. They are also very romantic souls. Those of you who say "they need to grow up" or "I once went that way but then I grew up", just think for a minute. Did you really grow up or was your reputation getting ruined? Honestly, my opinion of emo is that they are the wise. Listen to them.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

emos are not wise, emos are priveleged upper-middle-class brats with 20000 sq ft homes and 3 cars who think they've hit the bottom of life because their girlfriend dumped them or their dad smokes or whatever. being emo is the most immature existence possibly short of being a crying baby because emos cannot get past their sorrows like normal people. instead they complain about their petty problems and think somebody actually cares.[quote]
yah You know what....Stop being the prep because I don't complain, I live in a trailor in a trailor park, my dad smokes and drinks? Yah if yours doesn't then your dad is weird. Emos are not posers! Some of them are but those think it would be cool to act like a crybaby. Those are the ones you are talking about.AND STOP DUMPING CRAP ON ME EVERYONE! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU GUYS? Oh yah one more thing...emo people are very smart and wise because they write amazing stuff and usually get great grades! Okay well I'm done! :smt003
"Live like a kindergarten, you don't have to have the coolest clothes, the hottest boyfriend or girlfriend, you just have to eat the most paste and have the biggest box of colored pencils."

365 Reviews

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:24 am
Fishr says...

Vampire Lover -

I apologize if I offended you. I just don't take kindly to sterotypes, racism or passing judgement without viable cause or evidance of said problem/issue. I'm also rather blunt and speak my mind, which I suppose isn't a terribly good trait to exibit.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 am
Nutty says...

I would like to point out you don't have to be 'emo' or 'goth' to have had a hard time and understand the darker side of life. I have had tough times too, as have my friends.
-shrugs- I tend to look at how people are, and I respect those who are true to themselves. If they are comfortable in a sub-culture, then fine. If they aren't part of a culture, it doesn't mean they are ignorant and don't understand those who are.
I don't particularly understand what makes you 'emo', and I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying there is a lot of confusion about this particular sub-culture. Maybe that's why people roll their eyes at people who claim to be emo, because it is hard to define, and if you have to say it... I don't know. I don't have anything against emos, or goths, or punk rockers, or anything... god, if you judged off what I wore I would be bogan :lol:
People should just stop getting tied up in labels and cultures and learn to know people how they really are.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:40 am
Aet Lindling says...

Vampire Lover wrote:Yah okay firt of all I DONT DRINK COFFEE!

Holy crap, what an example of this intelligence you speak of! What great abilities to recognize sarcasm!

Vampire Lover wrote:yah You know what....Stop being the prep because I don't complain, I live in a trailor in a trailor park, my dad smokes and drinks?

Easy to say.

Vampire Lover wrote:Emos are not posers! Some of them are but those think it would be cool to act like a crybaby. Those are the ones you are talking about.

You mean to say, they're the only type of emo.

Vampire Lover wrote:AND STOP DUMPING CRAP ON ME EVERYONE! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU GUYS?

Posed an opinion that, in my point of view, is utterly ridiculous. We then counteracted that opinion. Grow up.

Vampire Lover wrote:Oh yah one more thing...emo people are very smart and wise because they write amazing stuff and usually get great grades!

Again, easy to say. Usually, emos are emo because they get bad grades, or something else stupid like that. And no, they don't write amazing stuff. You're probably thinking of emo poetry, which is The Most Accidentally Recognized As Something That Is Worth Crap Form Of Poetry In The World. It actually sucks and is cliched.

Let me show you an example by writing a quick emo poem:

I sit in my dark corner, glaring at humanity
They all know it's foolish to believe in this myth.
But they keep on breaking hearts and telling lies
I hate them.

If I could say one thing, I would explain the lies away.
But as usual I am shoved to the underworld.
Misunderstanding me, they laugh and mock.
When I leave this world, they'll be sorry.

Oh God that sucked.

I'll admit that since I rushed it and I'm averse to that kind of poetry it was actually a bit worse than your average emo poem, but you know.

Note exactly where emos are smart in any way?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 am
Rubric says...

Man I totally followed this thread to beat on emo's...

But the rest of you seem to have given said beating a bad name! I mean the amount of stereotyping, personal attacks and general mean-spiritedness being directed at fellow yws'ers reflects badly on all of us.

Maybe anti-emo is becoming too hackneyed, maybe it's time to start playing devil's advocate as I unleash the full fusillade of a new philosophy:

Post-emo

*stands proudly on a hill at sunset,with a flag waving in a strong breeze behind him*

*trumpets flare*
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:58 pm
Clo says...

Can somebody just close this thread? It's got a lot of negative energy coming from it. o_o
How am I not myself?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:04 pm
Rubric says...

*and those trumpets do that mexican flare thing, with a tambourine in the middle*

oh yeah, I mean, lock it, whatever, I don't care.

You know why I don't care? Because post-emo is in the house; and like the gothic, postmodern and (ironically) emo culture-genres, it is so ill-defined as to be invincible.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(a tumbleweed rumbles past as the mexican trumpets flare once more, accompanied again by the lone tambourine)

*Rubric, riding his six foot tall goose (named after the Japanese Daimyo Oda Nobunaga), canters into the distance*
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos