z

Young Writers Society

What do you love about writing?

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm
Eimear says...

*Apologies if this topic has already been exhausted- I did look before I opened it though!*

I look around this site, and I never fail to see and feel the amount of glowing passion all you guys have for this art. It builds me up when I'm down, it pushes me to do more, I guess you could say it keeps the creativity of my mind flowing and the word counts totting up. It's brilliant.

So I want to know- as a straight question:

What do you love about writing?

1. It's like magic- I do it and instantly I'm in another world. No children's game, film, dream could ever reach the realms of reality in which my writing reaches for me.

2.It's exciting and highly enjoyable.

3.It helps me relax.

4.I'm good at it, and when I do something I feel good at, I grow in confidence.

5.It makes me feel like I've found myself.

So what about you guys? What do you LOVE about writing? Show your passion and let us know!

Love,

Eimear
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:03 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

The reason I like writing, and more specifically, fantasy, is because it's an escape. In the real world, I have to meet expectations, constantly bend to what they want me to do...it's hard. When I write, I get to get away from all of that. There are also no boundries when I write fanstay, so I can just freely write it all down.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:16 pm
Teague says...

The fact that writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ^^

And I can do deranged, highly illegal and highly evil things without reprimand.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm
sofi says...

You can make whatever you want happen. You can create any kind of person, any kind of situation. There are no limits.

And I think it's an incredible feeling when someone tells you that your writing has touched them or changed the way they think or that they have been able to relate to it.

lots and lots of reasons :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:28 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I agree with what everyone said. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm
Jon says...

I love Writing because you can do anything. The limits of writing are endless, with it you can inspire, protect, and in some cases, better the reader. Writing is a very powerful thing and when it's used for helping people its even better.

Writing is a big part of my life and it alone makes me happy, Even if I'm having a bad day I know that when I write my novel up some more It will make me feel good.

I don't know about you but when i write It's like I'm actually there, but in a view point, like a movie.
As i go it just unfolds and It just makes me feel good, I just love it!

Writing = :smt049

Eimear -- You have read my poetry but have you read my novel thus far?
Portfolio- The Canaby Witches
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 am
thething912 says...

I like writing because it lets people be creative and it helps unlock your mind, it takes you to new place. Plus, you can make your story be anything you want it to be which, is very intriguing. Also, the felling of seeing your work coming to life is simply awesome.
Check out my website for my Photography.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 am
Sureal says...

I enjoy the 'creating' aspect of it.

I also enjoy editing. (I'm weird like that.)
I wrote the above just for you.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:26 am
Prokaryote says...

I don't like writing. It sucks; it's work, and I hate work.

But then you finish something and it ends up being worth it. =)

Pork

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:33 am
BigBadBear says...

XD I love you Pork.

Someone said it up there, but I'm too lazy to look. They said that you feel good when people say that your writing has touched them in places that other books haven't. That makes all the difference in the world.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 am
unsterblichkeit36 says...

The fact that i can be a new person in a new world. I can just escape into my own immagination and live the life that I never had. I can also find who my true friends are. My true friends suport me in my writing and believe in my goals.
-SaraRose

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 pm
Tlahti says...

As most of the other posters I love the freedom you have when you write. You alone are in control of what's happening.

I also like that I can actually see my progress, simply by looking back. When I read some of the previous stories etc. I've written I'm happy that I'm not THAT bad anymore :)

I also love that this is a place where I feel that I'm actually good at something, at least at some aspects of writing, and if I find something that I'm not good at I can learn from my mistakes.

I once hated writing, because I lacked the imagination to come up with anything of interest, yet I was forced to do it. Writing when I want to is much more fun. :D
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.
Character in avatar belongs to Sarah Ellerton.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:51 pm
deleted2 says...

The main reason that I love writing is the freedom and control it gives you, just like many people say. It's almost like an escape route, a trail into an imaginary world where you can make anything happen, and are in complete control of every character, of every failure or victory, and of all the little details. While I write I'm distracted from anything else that might be going on in my life, and literally loose track of time and space :P I kind of "wake up" sometimes when I'm really into a story, and realize that three hours have passed haha!

XxxDo

Reviews: 2
Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:17 pm
dailystatic says...

It might sound weird, but I'm myself when I write.

There is never another time in my life (not even performing music or being in church) where I am totally myself. Even when there's a character that's totally different than me, it opens up this aspect of myself that no one ever truly sees.

And I totally agree with whoever said that when it touches people, it's great. That's probably my favorite part. My vulnerability, my perspective and ideology of that one moment, has helped/changed someone, even if they hate it.
"Procrastination - do it now, don't put it off," - Ellen DeGeneres

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:23 pm
Chirantha says...

Well, what I like about writing is that I can let out my feelings to a thing that won't spread it around to everybody. It helps me to forget about my surroundings and worries. And it improves my creativity, imagination, writing, spelling, grammer and etc..

I love writing. :D :D :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett