z

Young Writers Society

War of the Worlds

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:41 pm
deleted6 says...

I am going to see it on Monday but what i want to know is if you think it was a good idea remaking a classic and if HG Wells would have agreed with this.

Also when i see their will be some spoilers so if you want to see it don't look at this forum after Monday.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:22 pm
Crysi says...

I'm excited to see it. The original was pretty pathetic.. *laughs* The aliens were practically vacuum cleaners. When I watched it with my class, we were all cracking up.

I've read the book, and it was alright.. I think this should be interesting, at least. And the trailers look pretty good.
Love and Light

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:13 pm
Writersdomain says...

It looked really interesting, but it also looked frightening. You'll have to tell us how it is.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

665 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:42 am
Chevy says...

I didn't even know it was out yet. I saw it on the Lemony Snicket previews, but I didn't know when it was coming out. I am soooo out of touch with the Movie/TV industry.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:11 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

*Shrugs* I wanna see it. The original movie was hilarious, the book was boring, but they gave it 4 stars so...but then again, aliens could have brainwashed the critics to give it 4 stars...*Twilight Zone theme*
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:16 pm
Crysi says...

My friend just saw it last night. He said it was great - but then he also said it was equally as good as the old movie, lol! So I don't trust him on that. ;)
Love and Light

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:28 pm
Rei says...

I saw it this afternoon. It scared the living daylights out of me. There were literally points where I wanted to leave the theatre, but didn't want my mom to feel she had to leave with me. Besides, as scared as I was, I wanted to know what would happen.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:13 pm
deleted6 says...

I seen it yesterday.
And yes it was scary but funny as well, like at one part SPOILER when the thing from the machine was looking from them, it was like a game of cat and moose SPOILER

One thing i can safely say is steven Speilberg still got it.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

685 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:46 pm
Rei says...

It's kind of ironic. Spielberg is one of the directors credited for making Hollywood what it is today, but is very anti-hollywood in the kinds of movies he makes.

665 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:48 pm
Chevy says...

I have never seen a scary movie before in my life. My mom always says "No need to see scary movies, there's enough to scare you in real life." And that's the same thing she says about rollercoasters but when I'm with my friends, I ride them anyway. However, I did talk her into thinking it's just regular sci-fi. And even though she still doesn't like sci-fi, she says I can go see it...I really really want to. I might go see it today.

685 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:02 pm
Rei says...

You know, as much as it scared me, I kind of want to watch it again. It's one of those movies where the scare doesn't stick with you. Or at least it didn't with me. On Reel to Real (a local movie review program) one of the critics said that she had a nightmare about aliens taking over the world the night she saw it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:03 am
Kilty says...

[quote="Reichieru"]It's kind of ironic. Spielberg is one of the directors credited for making Hollywood what it is today, but is very anti-hollywood in the kinds of movies he makes.[/quote]

That's what I like about him. I actually haven't seen many of his films, but in interviews he sounds extremely intelligent. I am desperate to see "Schindler's List." He really put his heart and soul into that film.

I don't like aliens, they scare me.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:56 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I am defintely not going to go see war of the worlds because I get very scared easily. I would probably have nightmares for months after I see it.

685 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:35 pm
Rei says...

I absolutely love Schindler's List! But it's too bad he had to make such a sad WWII movie before he got his Oscar. He deserved it long before that.

This will probably only be amusing to Canadians, but I'm going to share it anyway. Anyway, the actor who plays Tom Cruise's son, he's Canadian. After Spielberg saw some of his work, he tested for the part. Of course he got it, but he happened to find out from the manager at Canadian Tire. Tee Hee.

665 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:12 pm
Chevy says...

I saw the War of the Worlds yesterday and believe me Marching_Gurl89, there is nothing to be afraid of. It's not anything like expected. It wasn't scary...just very loud.

I did enjoy the movie, though. Somehow it seemed incredibly realistic to me unlike some other sci-fi films I've seen in the past. I like how they ended the movie the same way it began.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien