z

Young Writers Society

Phantom of the Opera... 2?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 am
BigBadBear says...

Link here

I really think Webber's messing with his greatest hit. All sequels stink. Always. Musical wise, anyway. What do you guys think? I don't think he can pull it off again.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 am
Snoink says...

Haha... well, seeing as I don't like PotO, I can't see how it can be worse! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:23 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

What comes after Phantom of the Opera? o.o Raoul wins Christine, and they live happily ever after while the Phantom dies alone under the opera house.

EDIT:

*reads the description* WTF? Some guy writes a sequel - not to Gaston Leroux's book, mind, but Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical - and they're making it into another movie? *cries like a little girl* :cry:
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm
Sapphire says...

I think it's daft, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not trying to put down Andrew Lloyd Webber, but Phantom of the Opera is far and away his best musical and, like you said, Jared, he shouldn't mess with that. (Or try to cash in on that.) I might be taking all that back in a year or so, but I'm a bit sceptical about it at the moment.

I have to say that the 'Otto' section of that article was a bit disturbing. :shock:
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:54 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I'm generally of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why try to make a sequel to something that is perfect the way it is? I'm just worried that, if it turns out to be bad, it might take down it's [better] predecessor with it. Plus, the name is pretty bad.

If it were me, I would have taken the cat-deleting-the-entire-score incident as a very clear sign.

I would also hate it if John Barrowman were to accept the part as the Phantom. I've always thought he's over-rated, musically at least - his singing voice is average at best, and certainly not hauntingly beautiful, as we should expect from the character.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:38 am
Alainna says...

*is finding it hard to grasp any words*

No. Sequels are very bad ideas. And John Barrowman as the Phantom? Are you kidding me?

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:20 pm
Sakah says...

Oh em gee o.o

I luff Phantom of the Opera, but I'm ALWAYS opposed to sequals to ANY musicals - it just never works.
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue May 19, 2009 1:52 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

Nonononononononononononononono.
Noooooooooo.
Nononono.
Nooooo.

Uhh, against the rules, thank you very much.
NO sequels...
Especially to Phantom.
Just... yeah, no.
No.

Though, knowing me, I'll have to admit, if it does end up coming out, I'll go see it, just so I can bash it.
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue May 19, 2009 4:22 pm
Theodorable says...

Well, this is appaling! They need to leave it at the original. Sequels ALWAYS SUCK! Now they're going to ruin a perfectly good thing.

Why do they always seem to do this? They think 'Well, the first one was a big hit. So why don't we see if a sequel will top the charts as well.' They need to get it into their thick skulls that sequels are NEVER good!

Great, I need to go ponder what esle they're going to ruin.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu May 21, 2009 12:58 pm
MaresAzulados says...

You know that three days ago I had The Phantom Of The Opera in my house, and I started watching it, but never finished it...

It was cool! The Phantom's awesome! A rose, and so mysterious...
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire