z

Young Writers Society

For all you military buffs out there.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 am
Teague says...

I was cleaning some things and I stumbled across something I'd forgotten about ages ago. My cousin served in Iraq a while ago, and I roped my English class into writing letters to his unit and assembling care packages. And we had A LOT of packages -- my living room turned into a battlefield of its own. I have some photos of that mess floating around somewhere.

But anyway, when he came home from Iraq, he came down to visit my family and I (he lives in Wyoming with his immediate family, while the rest of us live in Arizona/California). And on behalf of his military unit, he presented me with this medallion:

Here's a perspective shot:

I don't remember exactly what he said about it, but apparently it's one of less than five that were made.

Just a random point of interest. ^_^

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:34 am
Bella says...

That's pretty cool Saint! Actually, it's very very cool!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 pm
Kyuubi says...

Wow, Saint, that was really nice of you and your class. I'm sure you made the soldiers really happy knowing that somebody cared.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:34 pm
Crysi says...

:) That's awesome!

My cousin was also in the war, and was sent to Iraq and used to email my mom and me about what was going on over there. And I just saw him yesterday! :D He's one of my favorite cousins. He's retired from the army now, and now he's a professor at a university. He's awesome. <3
Love and Light

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet