z

Young Writers Society

Emily - Realistic Animation

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

I was browsing the news site where Nate found the article about the dogs, and I found this:

Ever since Steamboat Willie chugged onto our screens in 1928, audiences across the world have been transfixed by the magic of animation.

Now 80 years later industry experts are hailing Image Metrics for making the most realistic computer generated character so far.

'Emily' is an extraordinary animated woman created using a ground-breaking modelling technique that captures minute facial movements.

Article and Video
Last edited by ProfessorRabbit on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:59 pm
Bella says...

Hey, that's kinda cool!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:15 pm
Sarge_Jr says...

Woa that is... See the wireframe when it said wireframe? I didnt. I cant actually believe it tbh. At first i just noticed she wasn't blinking a lot, which was strange for being on camera, but whatever :)
Winner of RedHouseBooks 'Finish the Story!' Competition 2007 [1st Place]

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:12 am
artistpersona says...

At first sight I thought 'Hmm... she looks familiar...' and then realized whom she was modeled after, an actress from the soap opera my mother watches. xD

This is very cool animation! It's amazing how far they've come. Emily looks very realistic - her hands, mouth movements...
Pwnsome.

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit