z

Young Writers Society

YWS In The Press Enterprise

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:30 pm
Nate says...

A great article about YWS in the Press Enterprise, a morning daily in Southern California, came out this past weekend. This is awesome because it's the first time YWS has been mentioned in a newspaper, and apparently the Press Enterprise has a circulation of 173,000.

Web sites offers teen writers publishing, critiques and more
07:07 PM PDT on Saturday, August 9, 2008

By CLAUDIA PARK
Special to The Press-Enterprise

...Writing forums allow users to post their work with the intention of receiving constructive criticism. All submitted work is exposed to the proofreading pens of members within the forum, a coterie of young people sharing a keen passion for writing, such as Young Writers Society.

"YWS offers many things. You get a huge support system that is there for you literally 24/7.You have amazing friends. You learn how to write better by critiquing and receiving critiques," said Jennifer Wright, 14, a member and instructor of YWS.

An international forum, Young Writers Society has received acclaim by placing among the Writers' Digest Top 100 Web sites for young writers for the past three years. In addition, the Web site has published an anthology, Young Writers Literary Journal, and hosted occasional weekend radio shows. Such merit is the result of strict maintenance of integrity in conduct and responsibility in giving constructive criticism and advice...

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stor ... 7adc8.html

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:10 pm
Bella says...

That is so cool!!!

Wahoo YWS!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:17 pm
Firestarter says...

Sweet.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 pm
BigBadBear says...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

That's ****!!! And this was the report that the reporter asked us questions about! That's so awesome. I answered those questions toooo.

-Jared

*Please, let people reveal their own identities at their own leisure. -Grif*
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 pm
Firearris says...

Ohhh, thats awesome!! I had almost contacted Claudia when I saw her post here, but then changed my mind xD
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Aww, I wanted to be in her article. :(

It's still cool, though! :D
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:33 pm
Gladius says...

Whee hee!! This is great. :D I think Nate needs a huuuge round-of-applause for his work for getting us to this point. *applaudes like a maniac* Now that that homage is done, I congratulate those of you who actually live in that area that answered questions. :D

Yay YWS!
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 am
gyrfalcon says...

Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 am
Clo says...

That's amazing! I bet we'll gain a few more members from THAT region. Or maybe not. I guess we'll see. :)
How am I not myself?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:08 am
Nate says...

Gladius ->> While I am honored, you really should be thanking all the moderators & instructors & greeters. The people in Big Brother have really done an excellent job at ensuring everything runs well, and the JMs do a great job in helping people get adjusted and ensuring that the literary forums function smoothly. The Instructors really work hard to hand out great critiques, and greeters do an excellent job at easing new members into the chaos of YWS. My presence on YWS is mostly redundant nowadays, and I really don't do much as it regards the day to day affairs.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:12 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

This is awesome Nate!!! I'm proud of everyone involved! XD Go YWS team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Jamie

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:34 pm
romance otaku says...

you bet we're awsome <(^_^<)
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:12 pm
Trident says...

Really cool! ^_^

Very impressive how YWS is shown.
Perception is everything.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman