z

Young Writers Society

A Terrifying Journey: One Bird's Publishing Attempts

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:34 am
gyrfalcon says...

Well, I'm not sure if this is the place for it or what, but I'm making this thread mostly to let you guys know that *deep breath* an agent has requested the full manuscript of Gypsie Eyes. I sent her a query several weeks ago, she responded with a request to see the first fifty pages, and now she's requested the full manuscript. I am, to put it succinctly, freaking out a little bit. In a good way. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me make Gypsie Eyes what it is! If anyone would like to read it, it can be found in my portfolio, but I'd rather not deal with any more critiques until I hear back from this agent (if she responds positively--i.e. wants a contract--I'll lock or erase the chapters for good).

To those of you who pray, please pray for me. God bless YWS for all it (and you!) have done for me.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:47 am
Jiggity says...

Woo!

I didn't even know it *was* complete, lol.

That's awesome news, Gyr. Good luck!!
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:29 am
Snoink says...

ZOMG! That's awesome. Good luck! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:57 am
Twit says...

:shock: :D

I'd throw salt only it would probably hit someone in the eye and I'd end up getting chased by an angry mob...

I do hope it goes well! Keep us posted about what's happening!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:08 pm
Dream Deep says...

:razz:

*tackles the Crazy Bird*

Oh, it's going to be wonderful, Gyr. I demand a signed copy when you're published and amazing. Wait, you're already amazing. ... I'll settle for published. ^_^

I wish you the best luck and the warmest success!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:48 pm
Sureal says...

That's great. =D I'm so happy to hear that Writer's House has requested a full manuscript. That is an excellent sign.

Remember though, nothing is guaranteed yet. Don't get your hopes to high, otherwise you risk them crashing all around you. You've still got a few hurdles to jump: Writer's House has still got to accept the novel, then they've got to get a publisher to buy it, then the book actually has to sell.

So everything can still come crashing around you. Regardless, what I said in the 'Background Check Center' topic still holds true. The simple fact that such a high profile publisher has shown such interest in your novel is an excellent sign indeed.

I don't pray. I'll hope for you though.
I wrote the above just for you.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm
Layleun says...

Good job and good luck Gyr! You'll have to tell us when it gets published (yes, WHEN). I'll be there to buy a copy ^.^

440 Reviews

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 pm
gyrfalcon says...

^_^ Had a bit of a reality check in the email I just got today--tis the assistant who's currently perusing my manuscript. If she likes it, then she'll pass it on to the big leagues. So there's an extra step to those Surreal outlined. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I certainly hope that, if Gypsie Eyes is rejected, they give me some idea why.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:38 pm
Meshugenah says...

As long as you celebrate the fact that someone is interested, reality checks are good!

But, oh my gosh! That's still amazingly incredible!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 pm
Firearris says...

TL G-Wooster wrote::shock: :D

I'd throw salt only it would probably hit someone in the eye and I'd end up getting chased by an angry mob...

I do hope it goes well! Keep us posted about what's happening!

*replaces the salt with pepper, just in case she does throw some :twisted:

Thats awesome! :D :D Good luck! :lol: :o
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 am
Alteran says...

Hurray for Gyr! I have the utmost faith in you. I'm sure it'll all turn out great.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm
StellaThomas says...

Oh, congratulations Gyr! That's fantastic! I'm really pleased for you, and not even jealous :D. Seriously, well done... and don't be freaked out, smile, it's brilliant...
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

440 Reviews

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm
gyrfalcon says...

:( They decided to pass on it. *sigh* Oh well, I'm trying to get 'back on the horse' again, sending out more query letters. I've actually sent a couple email queries all ready, so we'll see how that goes, just remembered that I forgot to tell you guys.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm
Layleun says...

Keep going, amiga! I hope you have more luck next time ^.^ Good luck and keep us posted.

<3
Lupe

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:35 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Darn. Well, just keep trying! You could now do two things:

1) Do more editing
2) Find a publisher with a brain

Really, to think that'd they'd publish a cliche vampire novel and not Gypsie Eyes. Sheesh.

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink