z

Young Writers Society

School

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Well I had my last exam at uni on the 27th of May, and I don't go back until 29th September. Needless to say, I am growing rather restless...And being the big geek that I am, I can't wait to really get stuck in with my dissertation. So bring on Autumn, already!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 pm
gamechanger10 says...

School always comes too fast.
And these are my last few days of freedom seeing as the rest of summer, I'll either be considering ways to kill myself at band camp, wrapped up preseason training, or pretending that I like the clothes my mom bought me while coming up with excuses to never wear them...

And I will savor these last moments with Red Card soccer, Wii, and writing.

I honestly couldn't care less about the upcoming school year at this point.

My only worry is that I'm being forced into marching band this year and I need to memorize our piece (only one), Sounds of Sousa, by the beginning of school.
We were supposed to have it memorized by summer band (August 4th), but I figure since I haven't practiced at all, that's not going to happen.
And the best that could happen is they'd kick me out of band.

And I'd be more than fine with that! :D
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 pm
tinny says...

I finished school at about 19th of June and I've still got to wait until September for university. I'm so bored, I miss Chemistry lessons a lot :(
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

189 Reviews

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:18 pm
Jon says...

I'm taking chemistry this year, is it hard?
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 am
Teague says...

wisemann210 wrote:I'm taking chemistry this year, is it hard?

Only if you a) suck at maths and/or b) have an annoying teacher [which I did]. Otherwise it's not that tough. Just a lot of formulas and nitpicky calculator work.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am
BigBadBear says...

I have 25 more days until school starts. That means 25 more days to read and finish Watership Down and write a 2 paged paper on leadership skills learned from the book.

*dies* Please. Please. Help me.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 am
Angel of Death says...

Whoa I feel like this Summer has gone by like cars on a traffic-less highway. Really, I've been doing nothing but reading and writing well I could've went to some parties but I was too lazy to actually figure out what to wear and all that so...Oh and I'm moving pretty soon so that's taking up some more of my fun-free time. Then I still have to go shopping, which girls if you go to malls on a regular bases, is hard work. Today and Yesterday I went to a program, 9th Grade Nation and basically we get the feel of our school, the teachers and the students thats going to be there. I was nervous at first but now I'm just really P.Oed because I only know about five people at my new school but I really never talked to them in Middle School. All of my friends which was basically almost the entire eighth grade are going to a school with over 1,000 kids in it...imagine if you were there...man, talk about butterflies. Well anyways, I go back on the 28th and I hope everyone does well on their first day.
Angel :D :D :D
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 am
kittykat says...

I'm sooo excited! :D I'll be going to a new school for the start of 7th grade. The summer went so fast for me since I vacationed in Indonesia this summer. ^_^ We went to Jakarta first to see my cousins, aunt, uncle, grandmother, um... other uncle and cousins... Yeah, I think that's it. Then we took another vacation within that one to Bali. Sadly I didn't get a chance to go surfing. :(

Anyway... I'm going to have the same percussion teacher I had last year-- which is totally awesome. Plus, I sort of do want to get back to school and see all my friends that I didn't get to see this summer. I'm looking forward to all classes except math. It's not that it's hard, but... it's incredibly B-O-R-I-N-G. I never found staring at numbers very interesting.
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:48 pm
StellaThomas says...

I'm boarding this year! Which means you won't be seeing much of me around... But still. I'm really looking forward to it. Also, I'll get to see all my friends that live outside the city.

I may be a complete weirdo, but do you guys not love looking through textbooks? I got mine, and I love it!

The texts we're doing in English this year are:

-The Catcher in the Rye
-A Streetcar Named Desire
-Julius Caesar

Plus I'm doing German, Biology and Chemistry this year, all of which are going to be really fun!

I'm actually weirdly looking forward to it. Even if I have to say goodbye to the idea of a good night's sleep.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:01 pm
Teague says...

Angel of Death wrote:I'm just really P.Oed because I only know about five people at my new school but I really never talked to them in Middle School. All of my friends which was basically almost the entire eighth grade are going to a school with over 1,000 kids in it...imagine if you were there...man, talk about butterflies.

Psh. You'll make new friends. ;) I hardly still hang out with anyone I knew in middle school. Maybe two or three people. But most of my friends are ones I met freshman year. ^^

And 1,000 students is nothing. My school's twice as big. Although it's designed for a lot less, haha. xD

Zomg, just over a week left for me. I start 11th grade on the 11th -- how interesting!

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:38 pm
Anna Graham says...

Summer can not be 2/3 over! That means I have less than a month to finish both The Chosen and Lord of the Flies, along with a reading journal for each one. Oh, and I've got to memorize the music for our marching band field show before band camp. Only problem is...I don't have it yet. hmmm...

Has anyone read The Chosen? What do you think about it? I've actually been kind of enjoying it. It's kinda creepy.

And Angel, no worries. With luck, your butterflies will be worse than anything that happens at school. Have you joined any extra curricular activities there? That might help you in getting new friends.
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

189 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:20 pm
Jon says...

With luck, your butterflies will be worse than anything that happens at school

Are you trying to scare the kid?

Don't worry about it, high school isn't as big and bad as it seems. Your probably not going to listen to that advice, because when i was in yoursituation I sure didn't! But trust me, a week or so in the new school you'll be fine, Don't worry!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:35 pm
Adnamarine says...

I'm not sure if I'm ready for school. Usually by the end of summer I get bored of doing nothing all the time. This summer in particular has been significantly empty and I do nothing but lay about all day. Any other year I would be bored out of my mind and longing for school to begin, ready to throw myself into it and let it fill up every second of my day, sometimes neglecting it during the day so that I can go back to it even in the afternoons and evenings.

But for some reason this year is different. Either I don't want to, or I can't throw myself into it as usual. I don't know why. But I don't think I want school to start. It will start sooner for me than the rest of you. I've even started one class already.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am
Sexy Sadie says...

I got three weeks 'till I go back! I'm excited, summer sucks.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:37 am
Meep says...

I go back on the 22nd! It's pretty early (classes don't start until 1. September) but since I'm an orientation leader I have to help set up for that and then I have to help out with orientation and then I get to actually start classes. (Which I'm really looking forward to. I'm taking more Japanese, a women's studies class, a communications class and a class called "Specimens and Collections: Science and the Victorian Novel," which sounds interesting but scary 'cause it's an honors science class and I've never taken an honors class or a college-level science class. Yikes. /babbles)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore