z

Young Writers Society

School

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:27 am
Cade says...

I'm actually kind of excited to go back, even though I haven't accomplished nearly as much this summer as I would have liked...I'm going to be a senior, and I'm super-pumped for senior year and applying to college and getting into college and doing stuff like that.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:15 am
Meshugenah says...

Anna >> I read and loved The Chosen! It's still one of my favorite books! And band, oh band! I miss marching, never thought I'd say it, but I do!

Meep, you'll do great! Honors/AP classes are the best! Or I think so, at least? Maybe I'm just odd, but I'll bet it'll be crazy awesome!

And Colly! Senior year! Know where you're going, yet?

And... shoot. I move back in like, three weeks. Ooer. I still need stuff. And I suppose I should go finish sorting out all my classes stuff (I want too many classes, or so I'm told!). Apparently 21 units is too much -- especially if I want to have a job, too, and keep grades high enough to stay on dean's list, preferably with another 4.0... arg. /ranting
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Lindsaroo says...

omg I can't WAIT till school comes back! It's almost here!!! O_O I need school back, I need order and...a life XD
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 am
alwaysawriter says...

I'm starting high school so I'm trying not to think about it because my new high school's huge. I hate school--or at least middle school--but I'm on writer's block most of the summer. I get most of my ideas from school. Stupid school. :? :x
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:33 am
Teague says...

Haha, big high schools aren't bad. It's just slightly more difficult to navigate and you *really* learn to hate people who walk slow and do random things in the hallway [like stop and turn around to go the complete *opposite* direction while you're walking behind them].

How big is big? My school has over 2,000 students. And it was designed for maybe half that. xD Egads. The hallways suck.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

157 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:47 am
alwaysawriter says...

Its close to 2,000. Its around 1,950 on average. Its got two gyms. *Wonders if she can eat her lunch in the library this year* I'll have to check out the library on the open house on the 20th; in middle school, the librarians were some of my best friends but the book selection wasn't all that good. I looked at our online list of books but I'm too lazy to look and find books that actually look good. As long as the library's good (or, at least, the librarian's aren't a bunch of stuck-up snobs), I figure I'll be okay. :)

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:17 am
View Likes
Teague says...

Dude. My elementary school's library was better than the one at my high school. =| Fortunately, though, they've both had awesome librarians. ^_^

Luckily they're building a spiffy new public library nearby. Woot!

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

157 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:02 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I never got to know my librarians in elementary school; I was too shy. I don't ever rememeber looking them in the eye. I think the librarians were snooty anyway though. There were three librarians in my middle school; two of which were some of the best people in the world, the other one who kind of scared me. After not seeing her for a while (I had an overdue library book I was looking for), I saw her at some store and she was like "Oh, Katherine, hi!" or something liked that. I said hi back and waved but it freaked me out. *Thinks about it and rememebers that her new libranians are husband and wife* I didn't really pay attention at the book selection in elementary school; most of the good books I read come from the public library.

Yay for the nearby public library! :)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 pm
Sakah says...

OOC - I'm not really 28 years old. I just like my privacy.

To tell you the truth, I kind of can't wait till school starts again (and my friends think I'm nuts for saying that) I'll be taking some really awesome-sounding courses and there'll be new people to meet, new friends, new enemies (err...I'm not looking forward to that), new teachers *prays for a good English teacher*, new crushes (well, I highly doubt it...), and etc!

Also, there's an Anime Club at my school and it'll be a lot more organized this year (which means, less movies, and more fun!)
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:42 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

"School."

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

*Gasp*

I despise school. Well, except for two of my three electives(Not counting IFL, which I'm taking because i can't decide between French and German). And gym isn't too bad. But I hate core classes.

My favorite subject is probably Science, followed by English, than history and math are about the same. The problem is that I'm good at math, which I HATE. I'm taking Geometry this year, and I'm not concerned, but I get really stressed out. I get good grades, but I get stressed out and I have hardly any free time.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Hey, thunder_dude, it's going to be all right. I promise. Breathe.

I'm actually looking forward to school. I like being able to see my friends every day and I love my teachers. Maybe not the subjects they teach, but I love them as people. I'll probably start hating school about a month into it though.

Yeah, this summer was pretty dull for me. I didn't do a whole lot, just chilled and hung out here at YWS. Got yelled at a lot by my mom for that too. She insisted that I go outside. But the light! It burns us! *cowers* I'm looking forward to the structure of school. But this is my last year, so I'm kind of freaking out. I'll be a college girl next year! *le gasp!*
I am reminded of the babe by you.

157 Reviews

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:45 pm
alwaysawriter says...

The only one class I like would be my Foundations of Technology class. I don't know what I got myself into because when he mentioned that it was like a class I took last year that I did horrible in, I was like "Oh crap!"I'm the only girl in the class but that doesn't really bother me. I'm just glad I actually knew some of the answers on the study guide and I only sit next to one guy; it's just the two of us at the back table. We talked about our project for two minutes then he talked to his friend in front of him and I went back to the review I've been working on so it works out.
I would almost say lunch as a class I like because I get to sit with my friends but I have to go to Math right after that so it's not really.
Homeroom isn't that bad either but that's only thanks to my friend that sits next to me. :)

-alwaysawriter

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 pm
Snoink says...

I can't wait for school! I get to go to uni for the first time and flail around in ridiculously hard courses which are only ten weeks long! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:22 pm
Jon says...

I went back to school today!

Ugh...

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:37 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Boogies* I start school tomorrow! And I'm excited. 'cause my brother gave me a tour which was awesome, and everything's just a big circle with different wings for each subject.

And I HATE school libraries. *Ducks from people attacking* Sorry! But... they stink. A lot. So I go to the public ones! XD And here, the public one is suuuuper close. xD

~JFW1415

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf