z

Young Writers Society

School

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 pm
Monki says...

I started school about two weeks ago. August 18th. :p It's... okay.

It's huge though. There's five major buildings and then a bunch of littler ones. Thank God I have a group of Sophmore friends who help me out so that I don't get lost or beaten up. Lol. I think I'd die without Amy though. She's a Sophmore who just happens to be one of my best friends (I have four best friends). She's awesome. I get lost so I stumble my way to the section of the school where most Sophmore classes are and I find her (I know her schedule) and she takes me to my class and risks being late. Lol. Well, that was last week. Now, I pretty much know the whole school. I have to walk my other best friend, Sarah, who's also a Freshman, to some of her classes and risk being late myself, because she has NO sense of direction what-so-ever. She's worse than me. And that's bad.

Things I Hate Most About My High School:
-People are ignorant. They'll get in front of you and walk slow, sometimes even purposely, just to make you late to class. This angers me deeply. :evil:
-Which brings me to my next point: we only have FIVE minutes to get from class to class. This includes going to our lockers, going to the restroom, socializing (which is obviously impossible with that small frame of time), getting a drink/food (either from the water fountain or various soda machines/snack machines conveniently located in every corner of the school), and whatnot. Today, I was late to my Geometry Honors class (my third period) because my Drama 1 class (second period) is on the opposite side of campus, and the building I normally take a short-cut through (I FOUND SHORT-CUTS!), happened to be locked. Needless to say, you can imagine that I wasn't very happy. Thank you Jesus that we had a substitute and he was totally oblivious to the fact that he wasn't supposed to let me in the classroom after the bell rings. :twisted: And he's a push-over. Woot, woot!
-Some of the teachers need to be told off and I'd be glad to do it. It was the FIRST DAY of school and my friend, Anthony, and I got lost. So we were running, trying to find our class and getting a map out like the little Freshmen we are, when this Senior teacher is out in the hallway yelling to us, "Get to class! Hustle! Get a life, Freshmen!" Yeah. Wonderful guy. I was really sick of all the ignorance I had to deal with all day, so I turned around and started walking toward the guy, but Anthony dragged me away before I could say anything. I would've been in HUGE trouble. "Respect" is a big deal at our school, so I would've been totally screwed. I <3 Anthony. He saved my butt.
-School starts at 7:15AM. Actually, we're supposed to be on campus by at least 7:00AM. The final bell rings, telling you that you should be in your first period class, at 7:15AM. In middle school, I got up at 8:15AM, 'cause school started at 9:45AM! That's freaking drastic! Mandy (my past teacher/bff) teaches at the middle school I went to last year (obviously; she was my teacher last year), so she doesn't have to be at the school until 8:30AM-ish. I'm in my first period before she even wakes up! SO not fair.
-The lunch sucks. I don't bring my lunch anymore. I did last year, in middle school, because I refused to eat school lunches. In fact, I never ate a school lunch in my life until this year. Kindergarten through eighth I had either brought my lunch or I didn't eat at all. Mandy (she was my teacher last year/I was her student aid also, now she's one of my best friends) would totally go off on me for not eating. "You're already too skinny. EAT munchkin!" Or, "I'm gonna call your mom right now if you don't eat!" And she'd whip out her cell phone just so I'd believe her. Lol. I <3 Mandy, too!
-NO HOT GUYS. Sorry, that was a little off-topic. But a point that had to be made. Mandy actually asked me that. She said, "So, how's school?" I'm like, "Okay, I guess." She said, "Any hot guys?" I said, "MANDY!" (She's twenty years older than me, mind you.) She said, "What?" Then I'd give her this weird look and she said, "Fine. Any hot guy teachers?" I said, "THAT'S better. No to both. There's no hot guys MY AGE and no hot teachers either. It sucks." So, yeah. Lol. Okay, so there's like, one hot guy for every ninety-six ugly guys. But still, that's so not good.
-And there are various other reasons, but I don't feel like typing anymore. I'll go on a rant. Lmao.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 pm
Maybe says...

I started on Monday. -.-

And I'm already desperate to get out of PE.

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 pm
Teague says...

*pats Monki* xD Your high school sounds a lot like mine, except we have six minutes for passing time. I usually only use two or three, and I go to my locker between almost every one.

With the people in the hallway, you eventually learn how to navigate around them. Just keep your head up, try to maintain a steady pace, and look for gaps in the people. It takes some practice, but you pick up on it pretty quickly. You can socialize in class/before or after school. During passing time, your important goal is to get to class. Also, getting food should really be saved for lunch, which is where I'm glad of my school's layout -- the vending machines are ridiculously out of the way, unless you're at lunch.

And yeah, you're going to get jerk teachers. You're also going to have jerk professors in college, and jerk bosses in the working world. It's part of life. You just have to learn to deal with it. ;)

I do, however, agree on the start time. xD We start at 7.45, which I think is too early. In fact, studies have shown that teenagers perform better the later it is. They say the reason why high schools start so early is "to give students the maximum amount of time to do their homework," but it's a load of bollocks because if schools started later, students would have time in the morning to do homework. [/rant]

And haha, school food. xD It's government food. What do you expect? School food is notoriously foul. Fact of life.

I dare to be helpful! Sort of.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:57 am
Jon says...

I've been In school for only four days and I'm buried in homework and long-term projects!

Ah well...

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:16 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

School starts tommorow. Ugh.

Well, at least I finished my summer math packet. Even if it was 5 minutes ago.

Not looking forward to it. Hopefully I actually will have friends this year...nah. Won't happen.

189 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 pm
Jon says...

Hopefully I actually will have friends this year...nah. Won't happen.

Awh, Thunder!

i used to be like you, and i found the best way to make friends is to do the things you like to do.
Obviously you like to write so why not go to the principle and ask if the school can start an after school writing program? You will meet people that like to do the same things as you thus, you'll make friends!

Remember, Don't be afraid, Get out there and have fun and when you do people will see that your having fun and join in.

You'll make friends, I promise!

---Jon---

Got YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:32 pm
alwaysawriter says...

*Looks at her homework and glares* I'm starting on my second project for technology tomorrow. I'm suppossed to be doing my Math worksheet, History worksheet, and History project, all due tomorrow. *mumbles "What happend to no homework on weekends?"* End of rant.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I went back today, for the first time in two and a half months. Not proper school today, though - all sorting out A Level subjects and shizzle. So no actual learning. But I still had to get up in the actual morning.

=P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:34 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I start back tomorrow >.< I thought it was today and I only found out late on sunday night it was tuesday so I felt pretty good today ^_^ it was like an extra day of holiday I didn't know I was going to have.

I imagine tomorrow will just be sorting A2 timetables and all that... talking about re-sits *eugh*

I am NOT looking forward to writing a personal statement! Not at all =[

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I start school again in 5 minutes. Just shoot me now.

189 Reviews

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 pm
Jon says...

Oh, It's not that bad.

---Jon---
:D

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 pm
ldsprincess says...

I've got one class at a comunity college, math...ugh
But my teacher is amazing and tells us what's going to be on our tests so we know what to study.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 pm
Carlito says...

We have a similar high school :D
Monki wrote:Things I Hate Most About My High School:
-People are ignorant. They'll get in front of you and walk slow, sometimes even purposely, just to make you late to class. This angers me deeply.

Oh my gosh, I HATE when people do this! It is so annoying!
Monki wrote:we only have FIVE minutes to get from class to class. This includes going to our lockers, going to the restroom, socializing (which is obviously impossible with that small frame of time), getting a drink/food (either from the water fountain or various soda machines/snack machines conveniently located in every corner of the school), and whatnot.

Same for me. My freshman year I had algebra and then band. I don't think there are two classes that are farther apart. They are on completely opposite ends of the school. Luckily the band teacher doesn't really care if you're a little bit late.
Monki wrote:School starts at 7:15AM. Actually, we're supposed to be on campus by at least 7:00AM. The final bell rings, telling you that you should be in your first period class, at 7:15AM. In middle school, I got up at 8:15AM, 'cause school started at 9:45AM!

Dang...For me the normal school day starts at 8 but if you want to take an extra class you start at 7 (early bird)...I'm taking Advanced Placement US History early bird this year *groan*
Man I wish I went to your middle school! We started at 8. My elementary school started at 9:15!
I'm a junior but can sympathize on the whole getting lost thing. I don't think my school is super hard to navigate though.

I'm about to start week three of school. I'm sick of it already. If it wasn't for marching band, psychology and my friends I wouldn't want to go at all.
I have homework in all of my classes which I have procrastinated to do until the night before. I've done half and I'm taking a really long break :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:20 am
alwaysawriter says...

I didn't have homework this weekend, which is good. I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to go back to school because I want to see if one of the guys in my first period will sit with my crazy friends and I during lunch. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 am
idle muse says...

Ten. Bloody. Homeworks.
Aside from that though, school is great. There is the slight pressure of getting kicked out if we don't get all As and A*s in our GCSEs, but we solve it with sugar and red bull, so it's all good.
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice