z

Young Writers Society

What was your first story about?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm
Nate says...

Describe the first story or poem you ever wrote, or at least the earliest you can remember.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:06 pm
Periwinkle says...

Haha...the first story I wrote outside of school was about five stereotypical girls who had magical powers and had to go on a journey to find themselves because some old woman told them they had to. Oh, and of course I had the maniacal, English-accented, posh super-evil bad...girl...who wanted to kill them. It was pretty much a basketful of stereotypes.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 pm
View Likes
Teague says...

The earliest I can remember... well, it's actually a rather amusing anecdote.

When I was in first grade, we had to write a personal narrative (of course, it wasn't called that at the time). A lot of people wrote about their families or their friends or their pet dog Rudy. Me? Well, I didn't think a first grader who had skipped kindergarten and was born in Arizona and moved to Delaware because her dad got transferred was interesting enough to write about.

So I made up a story about my house in Delaware burned down and we had to go live with our neighbours.

So imagine my mother's surprise when, at Parent-Teacher Conferences, my teacher takes her aside and says, "I'm so sorry about the fire."

I'm kind of proud of that, actually. ^^

-:pirate3:
Last edited by Teague on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 pm
Blink says...

Oh this takes me back...

You see, I always wanted (and still do) to be a writer but I also loved Lord of the Rings...

See where this is going? Yup, it was called "A Knight's Quest". It involved a man named "Heratook" who visited a man, informed him that the world is about to be overthrown if he doesn't destroy a box that can only be destroyed by throwing into some blood. Oh ye, it was a page long!

Gotta love 7 year-old wannabes!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:12 pm
Kylan says...

Well... I think it involved a kid my age, a golden handgun, and shadowy forests. I must've been six, so I don't recall the particulars. :wink:

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

This one is probable either buryed or gone.

I don't even remember their names but in the story this girl, a fair in human form had a guardian. She fell in love with him some how and he told her she had to kill him. She ran away and killed so many people. When the guardian found her again her wings were nearly destroyed and when he tried to talk to her she attacked him. He was being defencive and finally got her to look at him. She had been blind with rag. She had tried to kill him but couldn't. I don't remember what happens in the end. And I wrote it last summer when I was bad at writing. :?

:?:
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm
BigBadBear says...

I wrote it in first grade. It was called The Jaguar and the Bobcat. It was about a nice little bobcat the accidently went into the Jaguar's cave, and then the jaguar killed him. I was a demented little kid. But the pictures were nice.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 pm
chocoholic says...

It was about Rosie, Amy, Caitlin and Tessa and their horses. One day they entered a competition, and the evil Polly entered as well. But Polly lost and everything worked out fine.

Actually... it was a while before I wrote about anything other than horses.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm
Twit says...

It was either one about mermaids or an orphan girl who got adopted and went to live on a farm, or it was about a girl with an annoying little brother who always asked difficult questions. I forget which one came first. What I do remember about them is that they sucked, and I knew that they sucked. That's why I didn't continue with them.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:02 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

I don't actually remember writing it, but my mother showed me a story once that I'd written in kindergarten or first grade. In it, I am playing on the playground on a windy day, when one particularly powerful gust sweeps me up and carries me away to Sandy Beach. Then, it blows me to the library. After that, it blows me right into my own backyard and I get to stay home. That's the oldest documented story by Professor Rabbit. =^.^=

EDIT:
The earliest story I can actually remember, albeit vaguely, is one that I wrote in probably first grade. I don't recall a lot of details, but it started out rhyming, and it was about someone who lived in a giant hamburger, which I believe wound up taking off into space. I was a weird little kid. Read too many books. :P
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:09 am
gamechanger10 says...

Well, my first story was a bit...odd.
It began with the basec idea that I got around second grade, but I never really officially wrote it until fourth.

The story--I am embarrassed to say, was about a dog named--guess what--Super Dog.
And his band of merry preteens/teens called Team Dog. And the whole purpose of the story was them fighting this...cat...named...well, I won't tell you what his name was because it was way too stupid. I eventually changed it to L.B.E., though.

It turned out to be one honkin' block of chapter after chapter (I have no clue why I didn't paragraph). And the whole story lasted until page 339...when I considered my maturity level above the ideas and quit on it...
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:23 am
Flemzo says...

The first book I ever wrote I wrote with my best friend Travis. It was called "Thu Dum Gai" (misspelled on purpose), and it was about this totally idiotic guy who caused a lot of trouble. We were both in fifth grade, I believe, but we misspelled every word in the book the best we could.

It was pretty ambitious, actually; our books that we wrote were filled with puns and plays on words.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:26 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

My first all-words story -- maybe when I was six or seven?-- was about a girl who was taken out of this world to become a guardian of a kingdom, possibly sacrificing herself at the end. I don't know. I didn't get very far, but I remember the plot and magic system details very clearly. :)

Other than that, I wrote fake "American Girl" books ("Meet [Sumi]" XD), I entered a picture book called "The Friendly Dragon" into a contest when I was eight. It lost. I'm not really sure which of all these came first.
ohmeohmy

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 am
Sam says...

Ooh, it was a good one--seventeen pages long, in painfully huge handwriting. "The Easter Bunny Goes to Washington D.C." Total plot spoiler right there. (He visits every memorial except for the Korean War one, and also gets to meet Benjamin Franklin.)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:45 am
Via says...

It was called "The Bear in the Bag".

Basically a seven year old version of an RL Stein Book...only it was about five written pages long and had no ending. Literally. Niice. Haha.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney