z

Young Writers Society

No Originality!

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:22 pm
October Girl says...

yeah has the whole enitre TV gone to..... nevermind. But I mean all of the disney channel shows have like gone down the toliet all of the shows no nevermind scratch that ALL of the shows the main character is in highschool, nothings that great about highschool! Like freaking highschool musical ick! my two little sisters are all going goo goo eyed over things like that. Who freaking starts singing on a lunch table and I do think that if you tried out for a musical and your a guy who's popular and the MVP of basketball no doubt your going to get laughed at.... no offence to anyone who likes it. But hey that's just me :wink:

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:38 am
View Likes
PhoenixBishop says...

I remember when cartoon network was great. Dexter's Laboratory was my favorite when I was a kid. Now they suck. Flapjack is disturbing, Chowder kills brain cells and TDI is just disgusting. I think it's the fact that we are grown up now. We all liked Pokemon at a time and Teenagers at that time probaly thought we were nuts.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm
guitargrl1323 says...

cartoons went down the drain after 2000. all the good shows were on in the '90's.

Random avatar

Reviews: 47
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:27 am
quietloud798 says...

I know!
I still watch Saved by the Bell and whatnot
Chowders creeps me out so bad
Same thing with that Flapjack show
I don't what those people who made the show were thinking but this next generation is going to be bumbling idiots if they keep watching those kind of shows
My bro bought some of those shows from iTunes and it was odd the kinds of stuff that he did after that
He talked in a baby voice for awhile and he's ten
Ya
And Disney Channel is just a huge joke
Hannah Montana bugs me
She's so bratty and mean
I honestly don't know why she's so 'in' right now with little kids
And HSM makes me want to puke
Honestly
NaNoWriMo, ftw.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:34 am
Nutty says...

Am I even more old fashioned in saying I miss Looney Tunes?
I actually looked up "Pinky and the Brain" on youtube about a week ago, talk about nostalgia ><;
-sigh- I miss Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny. It was violent, yes, but it was hilariously funny when I was a kid. My little brother and sister watch the cartoons these days, and quite a few of them are 0.o
We don't seem to get chowder here, but we have mindless dribble like 'My gym partner is a monkey', 'iCarly', 'That's so Raven' and *shudders* has anyone seen The Doodlebops? I mean, honestly....
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 am
Sarahpuppymom says...

You know the show that set all these other terrible shows into motion?

Ed, Edd, and Eddie!

I watched that once and the graphics on it completely grossed me out. My younger cousins used to watch it non-stop and it annoyed me so bad. I miss power puff girls.
"There is something charming to the sound of bullets."- George Washington

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 am
PatriciaTina says...

quietloud798 wrote:I know!
I still watch Saved by the Bell and whatnot
Chowders creeps me out so bad
Same thing with that Flapjack show
I don't what those people who made the show were thinking but this next generation is going to be bumbling idiots if they keep watching those kind of shows
My bro bought some of those shows from iTunes and it was odd the kinds of stuff that he did after that
He talked in a baby voice for awhile and he's ten
Ya
And Disney Channel is just a huge joke
Hannah Montana bugs me
She's so bratty and mean
I honestly don't know why she's so 'in' right now with little kids
And HSM makes me want to puke
Honestly

I couldn't agree more! Disney is just horrible now. The only remotely good show on there is Life With Derek, and that's even beginning to get incredibly and mindnumbingly stupid. (I know it's not a word. lol.) Anyways, I don't get why they took away all the good shows like Radio Free Roscoe, Brotherly Love and especially Boy Meets World. Does anyone else remember those shows?
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

124 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 am
PatriciaTina says...

Nutty wrote:Am I even more old fashioned in saying I miss Looney Tunes?
I actually looked up "Pinky and the Brain" on youtube about a week ago, talk about nostalgia ><;
-sigh- I miss Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny. It was violent, yes, but it was hilariously funny when I was a kid. My little brother and sister watch the cartoons these days, and quite a few of them are 0.o
We don't seem to get chowder here, but we have mindless dribble like 'My gym partner is a monkey', 'iCarly', 'That's so Raven' and *shudders* has anyone seen The Doodlebops? I mean, honestly....

I miss them too! The only good thing is that the bugs bunny and tweety show is actually on teletoon on saturday mornings. I love that show! :lol: Can't get any more classic than Looney Tunes!

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am
Damsel.in.distress says...

guitargrl1323 wrote:cartoons went down the drain after 2000. all the good shows were on in the '90's.

My thoughts exactly.

*Sigh*

I miss watching The Little Lulu show ( Did anyone hear of it?) Fantastic Max ( Or somehting like that. It used to have a robot and a talking carrot and a kid. It sounds lame, I know. But I used to looove watching it as a kid.) Even The Smurfs. I miss those days :(
I am what I am and that's something you can't be :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:09 am
Bloo says...

This just brought up a conversation i had with a friend earlier in the week.
Pokemon-
It used to be a good show to me. But then it just went down hill after joto. They should have never dropped Misty. And there catch phrase is "Gotta catch them all" yet the main character has what 5 new ones per season that never evolve.
(Note this when it turned less intelligent to me)
Then i started this piece: Pokemon teachers bad morals. It makes it okay to put animals in small confined spaces. Promotes animal violence, that would lead to death in real life. It makes it seem okay for people to leave home at 10 then travel with stranger (one who is like in his twenties.) It makes it seem okay to hunt animals.
(Note then it went back up a bit)
Also it started just become money grabbing, Making more and more Pokemon to feed the games and shows. So they could keep making more money off and idea that should have stopped at the second at best. I mean now the poke are ridiculous. I mean some used to be but now all are. The Pokemon are either so strange that your like what is that, or oh that's just a turtle with a leaf, or a small penguin. I mean try to be creative but stop at some point to. Plus Ash's voice sounds like he is a girl, why did they change the old better voice.

And disney movies are getting worse and worse. This is probably the next idea, the path an air molecule take in the human body, weirded out. Oh and did you here they are making a Jonas Brothers show. Come on they are a boy band, and like all others will fall soon. The suite life are starting to get dry, that used to be the only show i liked on there, now they are just getting old. Hannah, is ridiculous, what kid would hide fame. Would you, i wouldn;t i would live my life full, not to a quarter of what i could.

Cartoon network: they have some good shows but most bad. They now are just airing Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon rip offs, and strange cartoons. I can only stand a like three of the shows on there.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

124 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:20 am
PatriciaTina says...

Damsel.in.distress wrote:
guitargrl1323 wrote:cartoons went down the drain after 2000. all the good shows were on in the '90's.

My thoughts exactly.

*Sigh*

I miss watching The Little Lulu show ( Did anyone hear of it?) Fantastic Max ( Or somehting like that. It used to have a robot and a talking carrot and a kid. It sounds lame, I know. But I used to looove watching it as a kid.) Even The Smurfs. I miss those days :(

I totally remember The Little Lulu show! That like was one of my favourites. When they cancelled it, I got so mad! I remember wanting to write to the channel people and say that they were being stupid and dumb by canceling my favourite show! (I know, I'm very lame. I've grown out of it though. A bit. :lol: I love making jokes about myself!) :lol: I don't remember Fantastic Max, but I think I've seen The Smurfs once or twice. We have like these creepy little smurf stuffies still. They're hilarious!

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

~ Dr. John Watson

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:22 am
POTAFan1973 says...

I loved Little LuLu also. I almost forgot about that one. I can take or leave Phineas and Ferb and other than that I'm not that into Disney Channel.

I used to love Dexter's Laboratory also. There was a list of shows that I used to watch. I loved Rugrats also. I'd still watch it too if it didn't come on at 3 am. Most of Nick's cartoons I can still watch. I can take or leave iCarly.

Spongebob is down right mind-numbing and stupid now, the TV show and the character. SB was supposed to be funny not stupid. Same with Patrick.....okay maybe smarter than what he is now. Also where's Sandy and Gary? Has anyone that watches Spongebob seen them in the new recent episodes? God I loved Gary also.

I miss new episodes of Fairly Oddparents also. First they cancelled Rugrats due to Spongebob now they're cancelling Fairly Oddparents because of Spongebob. I hate Nick's choice in shows.

Sorry for my endless rambling. I agree with all of you. Kids shows have lost they're originality.
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am
mnesomeye says...

On one hand, I totally agree. Cartoons now are so stupid, the entire point of them has been lost. Did you see what they did to the Scooby Doo theme song? Search 'Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get A Clue' on YouTube and you'll soon see why I chose this as my prime example.

Daphne's gone. Velma's gone. Fred - never really did like him anyway - gone. And oh, let's scrap the whole point of Scooby-Doo - mystery solving - and have them running around in aimless little circles instead. Add a couple of Nazis, and you've got a good picture. It's not even the cartoon that bugs me. It's the theme song. "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, GET A CLUE!!eleven!!1!! (exclamation marks there for a reason) Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, GET A CLUE!101!!!a!3!! Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, GET A CLSHUT UP YOU OVER-PAID MORONS and don't even get me started on how rubbish the voice-overs have become on Pokemon. And they wonder why nobody likes it any more?

Yes, I love Pokemon. With all my heart and soul. No, I do not care what you think. :smt020:

On another hand, can you imagine what our predecessors must have thought of shows like The Animaniacs? Yeah, even The Animaniacs had morals, but to a casual passer-by we all must have looked as brain dead as we are accusing our little brothers and sisters to be. In a couple of years time, even those will start to look rather intelligent. And you want to know why this is? The people behind it are purposely trying to dumb us down, in the same way that cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry brought up an entire generation of people with a stigma against Germans and the French. Yep, you heard me right. Did you know that Tom & Jerry actually used to be incredibly racist?

Think of it this way: if you bring up a generation of idiots who are blissfully more aware of how popular they are and who's going to what party on Saturday night (for goodness sake, they had to EXPLAIN the relationship between job losses rising and job vacancies falling on the news!) - a generation of people who strive to conform - you could technically get away with murder. I could go on for ages about this, but I won't. I've written enough as it is. *rolls eyes* But if we could get everyone to turn off their TVs and take a look at where humanity really stands, I think we'd be seeing a lot of changes.

But that isn't going to happen. We're going to continue feeding the power-hungry governments, keep egging on money-hungry corporations, and human-kind is going to destroy itself in its own shallowness, greed and stupidity. I don't intend on staying around much longer to witness it. :wink:

So. The moral of my rant is this. TURN OFF YOUR TV! Study, do some photography, draw, read, go out with some friends... :smt052

Enjoy life before it's taken away from you.
You only get one shot at it, right? :smt023:
Don't waste it away like I have...
Or you may end up wishing you'd never lived at all.

^_^
~ Mnes x

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm
Lil_Pau says...

I don't watch Cartoon Network now. Really, the shows there freak me out and make me think it's a waste of time. I can't stand watching Chowder, Ed Edd Eddy or Flapjack even for 3 mins.
As for Disney Channel, I don't mind about the shows, but Hannah Montana is really annoying me. There's no originality in that show. I was bored with the fact that in the show, a character would offend someone and later the apologies roll in. It's always like that...graaa...! ><

TV has lost its originality. How saad...:(
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela