z

Young Writers Society

No Originality!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:31 pm
Araidne says...

Ok, so I was watching cartoons on Disney and Cartoon Network with my sister, and I noticed how un-original these new cartoons are, like johhny Test, Chowder, Flapjack, Phines and Ferb, etc...
Some of them are down right idiotic! Is it just me, or have you guys noticed this decline in the cartoon standard as well?
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:57 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:32 pm
Cade says...

Dunno about Cartoon Network, but all Disney shows now are exactly the same...oh god, the number of times I've been forced to watch Hannah Montana while babysitting. I think Disney just likes to tell children that high school is a place where attractive, funny people with cool indie-looking clothes are unpopular, usually with about two close friends, one of whom must be a minority. :D
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:55 pm
Araidne says...

I Know! Honestly, I don't see what my little sister sees in Hannah Montana! :D
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 pm
Clo says...

Chowder actually disturbs me. I can't really tell why. It just seems like a horribly bizarre and unhappy universe to be introducing a kid to. Whenever I watch it I want to squirm and go read a book.

I think even Pokemon is better for kids than that stuff. At least I see a constructed plot, and morals like friendship and love and whatnot.

Chowder... is creepy.
How am I not myself?

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:38 pm
View Likes
ldsprincess says...

Araidne wrote:Ok, so I was watching cartoons on Disney and Cartoon Network with my sister, and I noticed how un-original these new cartoons are, like johhny Test, Chowder, Flapjack, Phines and Ferb, etc...
Some of them are down right idiotic! Is it just me, or have you guys noticed this decline in the cartoon standard as well?

Disney is just plain gone down the tubes...

Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, Vennessa Hudgens, demi, all half baked pop stars who sound the same.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 pm
ldsprincess says...

Cade wrote:Dunno about Cartoon Network, but all Disney shows now are exactly the same...oh god, the number of times I've been forced to watch Hannah Montana while babysitting. I think Disney just likes to tell children that high school is a place where attractive, funny people with cool indie-looking clothes are unpopular, usually with about two close friends, one of whom must be a minority. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself..

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

I think these cartoons and kids' shows need some inkling of basis in reality (so people don't get creeped out/alienated) but also mustn't stray into sentimentality and the frequent Big Moral Lesson; this kind of thing can get irritating and heavy-handed.

Disney and Cartoon Network etc. need to get away from this whole political correctness: it drives people mad. What planet are they on?
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:41 am
powerofthree says...

Chowder creeps me out too!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 am
xxfourthelement says...

clograbby wrote:Chowder actually disturbs me. I can't really tell why. It just seems like a horribly bizarre and unhappy universe to be introducing a kid to. Whenever I watch it I want to squirm and go read a book.

I think even Pokemon is better for kids than that stuff. At least I see a constructed plot, and morals like friendship and love and whatnot.

Chowder... is creepy.

Oh, my God, yes. Chowder freaks me out. The first time I saw my little brother watching it, I about screamed and threw something at him. We changed the channel and watched a rerun of an old show instead.

Disney annoys me. They used to have cool shows like Brotherly Love... and Smart Guy... and that Lion King cartoon. Those were awesome. Now they have Hannah Montana, who's probably going to turn into a slutbucket or drug addict sometime soon, and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, which at least has some morality to it. But usually it's just slapstick humor.

Sigh. Maybe Power Rangers really did have something going for them. This is why I read instead of watching TV.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:00 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

Disney is what I call a "cookie-cutter corporation." Once they find a general plot that works, they bend and twist it until it snaps. Everything, when you strip it down to the basics, is the same.

FlapJack is disturbing. It's so stupid, I think my IQ dropped just by watching 15minutes of it. At least Spongebob is funny

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:08 am
StolenHearts. says...

Chowder scares me its very moronic and doesn't teach children anything.
Cartoons are getting more and more noneducational :/
Pokemon is one of the worst things i think : P My little brother is addicted
to it and never shuts up its like a disease and he's flunking in school
;O horrible what new shows are teaching.
The image of highschool that are being put into their minds are saying
your either popular or unpopular its very irritating
I'm more of a movie person : P
--mackenzie

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:51 am
artistpersona says...

I try to avoid such completely ridiculous shows at all costs.
Disney and Cartoon Network actually use to be good, when I was a little kid. Johnny Quest is replaced with Johnny Test, instead of Timon & Pumbaa there's fluffy girls dancing around saying 'OMG!'.
Oh how scary our TV world is becoming.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:41 pm
Stori says...

So quit moaning about it and try anime. :) Seriously, though. Gundam Wing is pretty good, and Advent Children.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 pm
ldsprincess says...

Kyte wrote:So quit moaning about it and try anime. :) Seriously, though. Gundam Wing is pretty good, and Advent Children.

I must say, anime drives me crazy.

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical