z

Young Writers Society

Quote Problems

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:06 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I don't have a clue where this should be so I'm just hoping it'll be okay to post it here. For some reason, when I post a review (and use quotes),the first half work and the other half end up putting what I said instead. I don't know how to fix it. Can someone please help? If I've written a review for one of your stories and messed up on the quotes, I'm really sorry! :(
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

The Lounge is fine... feel free to PM any mods with questions like this. :)

I checked some of your reviews and I think the problem is that you haven't got the hang of the site codes. To start the quote, it's just [quote ] (minus the spaces, obviously) *Quotes Here* [/ quote], and it looks like you just got mixed up. You're probably using the quote button, which can get tricky to manage if you're quoting stuff all the time. I find it easier to just write out the codes.

So try writing a review without using the quote button, typing in the codes by hand. You'll be paying more attention that way, so you're less likely to get into the Q-button-ish mishaps.

If that's not it, PM me or post here. :)
ohmeohmy

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:03 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Yes, I have been pressing the quote button. I haven't tried it out yet but thank you so much! :D
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott