z

Young Writers Society

The Dark Knight

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:17 pm
Emerson says...

Well, from what I've heard Harvey Dent is shown as slightly more than a DA in this film. I might not be right (you can't believe everything you read) but it is said that you see in this movie what causes him to become Two-Face, so it's the birth of his villain, so to speak.

Perhaps we should all wait to see the movie before we start making guesses about what will and what won't be in it?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am
Rei says...

Yeah, they actually do show the accident in the previews that causes Harvey to turn into Two-Face. But who knows how much they'll do with it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:35 am
Alteran says...

Well, think about the end of Batman Begins, they led into the Joker. The story line with Harvey is a tool used to influence a want for another film. I need to brush up on my DC comics. I know in Batman Forever Two Face is the one who kills Dick Grayson's family. I can't remember how accurate that is, so it might be leading to the introduction of Robin, who I absolutely adore by the way. he was always my favorite. Not that Batman isn't cool, but I like sidekicks.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:42 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Great movie. Although there'll only be one good joker and that's the first one. 8) He was great wth his character. But so was the new one. My parents said that he interacted more nad better with the battman.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:13 am
Alteran says...

It was amazing. Heath Ledger did a brilliant job in my opinion. It was everything I hoped it would be, though I have no idea what the next one will be about.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:28 pm
Perra says...

I saw The Dark Knight last night and, OMG, is is amazing and epic. And I want them to do another one because it feels like there needs to be one to complete Batman's arch or something, but I'm afraid that they might not be able to do a good one because you can't replace the Joker/Heath Ledger. O.O I only got halfway through my popcorn and less than halfway through my drink because this movie is so amazing.

And, oh. My. God. My showing had the trailer for Watchmen, and it is amazing.

I can't wait to go watch this movie again in August with both of my comic buddies. Hopefully the Watchmen trailer will still be attached to it. Heck, I hope just about all of the trailers we saw are still attached to it (Terminator Salvation!).
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Clo says...

This movie lived up to all the hype. The point of a movie is to entertain, or so I see it, and I was so entertained from start to finish. The storyline was exciting, the characters were brilliant and real, and the Joker was... just... crazy and wonderful in every scene.

What I loved was how the crime wasn't for money, but for sheer chaos. Because everything burns, so why not burn it? What a devilish thing to watch. And it was amazing how Gotham City civilizians played a large part in the plot, and to watch their reaction - like the part with the hospital, and the ships. Posing society with these predicaments... just so entertaining.

Just fabulous. Fabulous.
How am I not myself?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

hey have to make another because of the riddler. The riddler needs to be some cumputer hacker or something though. :D
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:55 pm
Rei says...

clograbby wrote:This movie lived up to all the hype. The point of a movie is to entertain, or so I see it, and I was so entertained from start to finish. The storyline was exciting, the characters were brilliant and real, and the Joker was... just... crazy and wonderful in every scene.

What I loved was how the crime wasn't for money, but for sheer chaos. Because everything burns, so why not burn it? What a devilish thing to watch. And it was amazing how Gotham City civilizians played a large part in the plot, and to watch their reaction - like the part with the hospital, and the ships. Posing society with these predicaments... just so entertaining.

Just fabulous. Fabulous.

Nice spoilers, there. :p I just got back from seeing it. I swear, there was a period of about two or three minutes that I did not blink. If I hadn't eaten all my food during the previews, I would have been eating it on the bus. It's a good thing I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow. I doubt I will be sleeping.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 pm
gyrfalcon says...

:D :D :D Suuuucccchhhhh a happy bird am I! *huggles Joker, gets stabbed, dies slowly* I have such a very big soft spot for brilliant villains, and you generally don't get as brilliant as Ledger's Joker. In the interests of spoiler-avoidance, I shan't say more, but I loved it. One thing: do NOT take little kids. Seriously.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:23 pm
Icaruss says...

It's #1 on IMDB's Top 250 movies list right now, which I think is ridiculous. Look, I loved the movie as much as anyone, but it's not the best movie ever. It's really great. Really, it is, but it was a bit too long -the chase sequences, though well done, were a bit overdrawn. Look, it's one of the best movies of the year, but it's not the best movie of all time. Ledger's performance, though, is what Daniel Plainview was last year. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Much funnier than Nicholson's too, and much scarier. Just great.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:24 pm
View Likes
Kylan says...

It was an incredible movie. It transends the superhero movie genre and borders on a gritty, tale-for-the-ages. Heath Ledger was superb. The script was nearly flawless. And the end had chills running up and down my spine.

Although I can't help asking myself: what was accomplished?

-- Joker is in prison
-- The mob loses it's money
-- Batman is an outlaw

Other than that, only the characters have changed. I was only a little disappointed.

Also, Christian Bale was kind of bland held up to Mr. Ledger and whoever was acting Harvey Dent.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:12 am
BigBadBear says...

Holy crap.

That's all I have to say about this movie.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:23 am
Maybe says...

I saw it yesterday morning with my dad, and I must say it was definitely worth waking up for. Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, as did Eckhart with Harvey Dent. Actually, all the actors did an amazing job. I'm seeing it again for sure.

My mom gets to see it in IMAX. I'm jealous.

Definitely an awesome movie. In my top three of all-time. ^.^

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:39 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

BigBadBear wrote:Holy crap.

That's all I have to say about this movie.

-Jared

I second this.

The Joker's always been my favorite villain -- never really been able to explain it.

Until now.
ohmeohmy

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint