z

Young Writers Society

The Dark Knight

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Oi! I got another thing to say. The two face guy. They used the wrong guy. One of the bad guys int eh movie looked more like two face then the one I imagined. The one Harvey Dent became was creappy but hey, I think one of the other guys would have looked better as the part. I mean, the one from the cartoon versions looked like one of the bad guys. Now that guy would have looked better the part. Oh, sorry for any spoilers.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:00 am
Kang227 says...

Best scene in the movie:

"Look! I bet you I can make this pencil disappear."

And he did!
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:09 am
myfreindsavamp says...

:D
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:53 am
Jiggity says...

It was a good film made great by the performance of Ledger, whose manic energy and twistedly brilliant performance just lifted this film to heights it could never otherwise enjoy. Never.

Just spectacular stuff.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Kang227 wrote:Best scene in the movie:

"Look! I bet you I can make this pencil disappear."

And he did!

Haha oh my gosh yeah, that was seriously an amazing entrance for him <3

I went to see it last night, such a good movie. I have plans already to see it 2 more times >.> I'm so happy it turned out to be as good if not better than all the hype. Nolan can do no wrong.

I loved every scene the Joker was in, Harvey was great, I just wish Crane coulda been in it more.. he's so creepy.

[spoiler]I'm really glad that Joker didn't die at the end, I'll be interested to see what they do for the third movie with him..I mean because of Ledger being dead. Also, I wonder if Two Face is really dead or was he just out cold.. I'd like to see him again really, he's a great villain in TAS.[/spoiler]

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:58 pm
October Girl says...

me and my cousin (geek) we both went to see it together and got the poster lol....

OH AND BY THE WAY YWS......WHY SO SERIOUS??? :twisted:
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 pm
Rei says...

ambercoultis wrote:Oi! I got another thing to say. The two face guy. They used the wrong guy. One of the bad guys int eh movie looked more like two face then the one I imagined. The one Harvey Dent became was creappy but hey, I think one of the other guys would have looked better as the part. I mean, the one from the cartoon versions looked like one of the bad guys. Now that guy would have looked better the part. Oh, sorry for any spoilers.

I have to say, it bugs me when, no matter how much some people liked a movie, they spend more time pointing out the flaws that the good points. Of course everyone is going to imagine him differently. Besides, it's not always about getting actors who are the spitting image of previous versions of the character. It's about getting the best actor for the part, and I am pretty sure he does look a lot like Two-Face does in some of the more recent comics.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 am
View Likes
gamechanger10 says...

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!

I went to see it in IMAX earlier tonight! It was AWESOME!!!
It was by far the best movie I've ever seen!!!

If Heath Ledger hadn't been in it, it wouldn't even have come close.
I don't care if he's dead, he better win an award!

HOORAY FOR HEATH!!!
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Random avatar

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 am
andimlovegalore says...

ambercoultis wrote:Oi! I got another thing to say. The two face guy. They used the wrong guy. One of the bad guys int eh movie looked more like two face then the one I imagined. The one Harvey Dent became was creappy but hey, I think one of the other guys would have looked better as the part. I mean, the one from the cartoon versions looked like one of the bad guys. Now that guy would have looked better the part. Oh, sorry for any spoilers.

What guy d'you mean that should have been 2-face? I actually thought the guy who played him was perfect! Really all america and stuff, I thought he was great. And I've read Batman comics/graphic novels and watched loads of the animated series (I'm kind of a batman fan *shock*).

Ooh and I wanna see it in IMAX too, I have plans to go next week to see it 3rd time in IMAX - that'd just be too cool.

I saw it for the second time tonight, it just seems even better on the second viewing just because all the intricate plot points fit together much better. And Heath Ledger was even more amazing, I can't imagine who else they could bring in to do a job as good as that in the third movie.

[spoiler]It's been confirmed that Two-Face's death is ambiguous by the way so he might come back for the third too! Eckhart said he'd play him if he was asked to =] [/spoiler]

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:12 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Oh, my gosh. Saw this today, just...amazing. I love the joker. I never even paid attention to Batman before, but...wow. Absolutely loved it.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:43 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

This sequel totally topped the first. I mean, I felt like this one was so much more believable in every way, even for a comic book movie. I mean, the premise of the first, what with the evaporating water and all, seemed a bit far out for me. Plus the Joker just makes everything better. *S*Laughter is the best medicine, doncha know.

Batman's acting wasn't as hot: I didn't like the gravely voice change for conversation. It works for the one liners ("Do I look like a cop!?" ~ Batman Begins) but for extended conversation, it just sounds a bit silly. But the rest of it may just have been that the Joker totally blew everyone else out of the water.

Seriously, I was wondering if all the hype about the movie and Heath Ledger's acting job was because of his death and I'll tell you what, I was totally wrong. He was utterly amazing. I haven't been able to get him out of my head since I saw the movie on Thursday. Seriously, I keep thinking about his performance, the character, the choices he forced upon people. I was on edge getting out of the theater and all night.

My big thing about Two-Face was the way they changed how he became Two-Face. In the comic books he was supposed to be burned by acid, right? I didn't quite like the change they made.

Awesome movie.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:48 pm
Sean says...

I think it's a fantastic film. I loved the scenes with Batman and the Joker together, unlike some I thought Bale and Ledger played it superbly, and I thought the dialogue and writing were just fantastic. Everything is woven with such detail and fired at such a fast pace it's difficult to notice everything first time round (I've seen it three times), it's a great tale of morality, justice, and lengths you must go to protect what is right and what you believe in. There is so much more than just a run-of-the-mill comic book story here, and I loved the way that seemingly all characters who got screen time, even the normal residents of Gotham, had an impact on the story.

Brilliant film. An epic.

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 am
inkdragon says...

I went to the 12:01 showing of "The Dark Knight".
Best.
Movie.
Ev.
Er.

No joke.

I was afraid I'd fall asleep at first because it was so darn late, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

It was disturbing, yes.

But...I liked it!

The Joker was wicked freaky.

But I wished that Heath Ledger was still alive once it was all over so that we could have the Joker in the next movie!

My only complaint: It was the neverending movie.
I kept thinking, "OK, THIS is the end!" And it wasn't.

My opinion: They should have ended it with the debut of Two-Face so we could have him in the next movie. (Some of my friends think he's still alive, which would be weird, but cool.)

I CANNOT WAIT for it to come out on DVD! ^_^
[Insert nifty quote here]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I HATED this movie. It was so disturbing and violent.
I can't see how people can like it. >:/
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

Random avatar

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 pm
andimlovegalore says...

The idea of it was to be disturbing and violent, the joker is a psychopath, twisted and yet lovable to many people. The idea of his character is to show total abandon and chaos, it had to be violent to get that across. C'etait le point.

Anyway, some people just like violent movies ^^

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller