z

Young Writers Society

Naming guide

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:47 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I was browsing Babynames.com, and I stumbled across this...

http://babynames.com/character_names.php

Cool, eh?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 am
View Likes
Clo says...

oh this is awesome! "Rod Remington"... haha :lol: I've read a lot of romance novels and never encountered THAT.

I have a big fat book of baby names I reference when I can't think of any. I feel weird with it being in my book collection...
How am I not myself?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:11 am
Tatra says...

I have a big book of baby names, got it from my sister when they were finding a name for my nephew. It never really goes into my book collection though, as I use it often. Besides, it's part of my writing supplies.

Also, I usually go to 'Behind the names' for naming purposes. It was the first one I learned of, I suppose.

Finally, I like the name Remington, it means Raven's Estate. :D

Really cool article, though. :D
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm
idle muse says...

I do the same thing as Tantra. I usually give people names fitting their personalities. I love mythological names :)
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:36 pm
xxfourthelement says...

I agree. When I got a baby name bible for my birthday, I spent an entire day reading it - lots and lots of names - to find good ones. When I try to name characters, the name always has some kind of meaning. Somehow, though, it ends up making sense only to me...
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela