z

Young Writers Society

Firefox 3: Coming June 17... Update!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 am
Nate says...

Firefox 3 is coming out June 17, and I urge all current Firefox users to update as soon as they can. Just go to:

http://www.getfirefox.com

If you're using IE, I strongly suggest for you to make the switchover. Most IE users hate Firefox at first, but just give it a week before switching back. From my point of view, if everyone were to switch to Firefox or Safari or Opera, it'd make life so much simpler.

Why switch from IE to Firefox? For one, Firefox literally has thousands of add-ons to choose from. Plus, it has spell-check, it loads pages faster, and uses less memory (which means your computer runs faster).

And if you're one of those people who hate corporate goliaths, well then, guess what? Firefox is made by a non-profit organization.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:53 am
Alteran says...

Hurray! Firefox rocks!

I agree,everyone should switch so we can crush the Goliath of a malfunctioning company. Of all the time I've been using Firefox I've never once gotten an error message.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Emerson says...

So this is the actual one? I was having issues with the Beta, but I couldn't figure out how to report my issues. #_#

Maybe I can complain about them here and someone could help me?

I am excited though. I played with the beta a bit and it had some amazing features.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Audy says...

Yay! Thanks for the reminder, Nate.

I'm so used to Firefox, now, definitely prefer it to IE. I once was typing up a very long and detailed email to one of my teachers for an assignment project that I had been working on and that day there was a storm, and my computer had restarted on me. I was sooo mad because I didn't save it onto word, or anything and I thought I was going to have to write that email over.

Next thing you know a little window pops up from firefox.

"Would you like to continue your current session?"

And there it was :D All of my windows opened exactly the way I left them along with my email. I dunno whether or not IE does that or not, but Firefox just makes my life a whole lot easier.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:58 pm
JFW1415 says...

Audy: No, IE doesn't do that. It's my favorite part about Firefox. And the spellcheck. And the tabs.

In short, Firefox = life. Thanks for making me switch, Nate. :)

~JFW1415

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:52 pm
niteowl says...

I couldn't really do this before, as this is my parent's computer and not mine. But now that I have a brand new laptop, there's no reason why I can't get it after we connect it to the Internet. So...hopefully I'll make the switch soon!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:21 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

*hugs firefox*

It's amazing! All snazzy-like and such.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:50 am
Cade says...

The new Firefox is decidedly very sexy!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 am
JFW1415 says...

'Tis wonderful! Thanks for the notice, Nate. :)

~JFW1415

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:58 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

It's all cool and spiffy and neat and fantabulous looking. It makes me happy. :D

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:51 am
Firestarter says...

I've been running the beta since it came out and it's been much better. Firefox deserves to beat Internet Explorer.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:15 pm
Teh Wozzinator says...

Firefox is a million times better that IE. I prefer Safari to IE as well.

Who downloaded it in the 24 hours to set the world record? I did... I hope they make it.

3 is a million times better than 2, as well, if you want further persuasion.
Go K-State for North Division!!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:52 am
Nate says...

I'll post stats on this in a week or so here, but about a quarter of Firefox users on YWS have already switched to Firefox 3.0. That's just yesterday though; for today, it's likely to increase to a third. So user adoption has been fast! Much faster than IE 7.0, which most IE users on YWS have still not switched to.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:02 am
Alteran says...

Boo IE in all it's error-ness. My only complaint about Firefox 3 is that none of my add-ons work anymore. I hope they upgrade them soon. I've suddenly discovered how much I use them.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:34 am
Emerson says...

I have to admit though, I hate the new history set-up. I prefer the old side bar. It was easier to work with. Otherwise, I love firefox.

Does anyone else think that Stumble Upon is the best add on ever?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White