z

Young Writers Society

Simplicity

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Okay writers, here's the deal. Today, I created a new website titled, "Simplicty." It's a website where writers can publish work (if it meets standards) and readers can get a taste of a good variety of stories and poems.

So, as I've stated, I just created the website today. I don't want to give YWS competition or anything, but there are so many annoyingly talented writers here! What better place to search for good writing pieces?

So, anyway, this is the link: Simplicty

I was hoping one of the annoyingly talented writers could offer up a piece to post on the site for the world to read? Anything is welcome - haiku's to romance to fantasy to anything.

So, if you are awesome enough, post down below with the link to the piece you wanna post, and a little detail about it. What it should be classified as, whther or not you want to remain anonmyous, whether or not you want a link to the original piece...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Last edited by LoveableLittleSock on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 pm
Nate says...

Good luck with the site :P

Got a few tips for you! First, never give up on the site. There are so many big internet forums that went nowhere for a year or two. But the administrator stuck with it, kept improving it, and eventually it hit a critical mass point. Planetzot.com is a great example of this. For its first few months, only the admin was a member pretty much. But the admin kept with the site, and now Planetzot is huge.

Also, collect e-mail addresses. But be careful with this. What you want to do is send out a newsletter every so often. Send out too many, and people just delete them and get annoyed. Send out too few and people wonder "What is this site?" then delete it. I try to send out a newsletter every couple of months. You should use feedblitz to make one (it's complicated at first, but just read through the FAQ).

And finally, consider what you have now as just very basic, and constantly improve it. The best sites are those that reinvent themselves every few years.

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi