KJ-52
Skillet
Newsboys

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:52 pm
Krupp says...

I wish dc Talk would make a comeback...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 am
Maybe says...

"Swallowed by the Sea", "Death and all his friends", and "Viva la Vida" - Coldplay

"Float On" - Modest Mouse

"Countdown" - Jupiter One
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:32 am
andimlovegalore says...

Maybe wrote:"Swallowed by the Sea", "Death and all his friends", and "Viva la Vida" - Coldplay

"Float On" - Modest Mouse

"Countdown" - Jupiter One

Float on is a great song =D I also Paper Thin Walls by them (is that the right name of the song? I'm not sure...)

My favourite album has got to be From The Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos, but I also love 23 by Blonde Redhead and Young Modern by Silverchair. Oh and You'll Rebel To Anything by Mindless Self Indulgence is one of the albums I listen to a lot.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 pm
View Likes
Rascalover says...

I really like the country group Rascal Flatts but to name others...

- falloutboy

-panic at the disco

- lil' wayne

-Sugarland

Favorite songs in clude

- These Days
-Skin (sarabeth)
-He aint the leavin kind

-Isnt she lovely

just to name a few...

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:41 pm
hellodaydream says...

Bright Eyes / pretty much every song. I just love Conor's lyrics, they're so honest.

Broken Social Scene / Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl. It's sang by Emily Haines. 'nuf said.

Belle & Sebastian / Funny Little Frog. Freakin' catchy.

I like a lot of bands and songs, so this was uber hard to pick. I have a full list of bands that I like in my profile. I'm a bit of junky [:

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm
Toomak says...

The Weasel King-The Flying Motorbike

The Weasel King is such a great artist. His voice is amazing and he does all the instruments by himself!

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:54 pm
Ross says...

Paint Me In Your Sunshine by Marie Digby

This starts out as a soothing, lush guitar intro accompained by YouTube star Digby's gorgeous, breathy voice. Then it builds up to a relaxing point with drums, guitar, piano and Digby's warbling. The lyrics are brought front and center, with the music supporting it perfectly.

Speechless by Melissa O'Neil

This starts off with a light, but energetic piano intro with Melissa O'Neil's voice glistening in it's prime at the forefront. Then the chorus brings in the drums. Then the bridge introduces a light plucking of bass. Good song from an Canada Idol winner.

With Love by Hilary Duff

I'm sure all of you know Duff. The millionaire singer/actress balances her sweet, fragile voice PERFECTLY with a pounding dance beat and a bleep-happy hook. This song is simply addictive, period.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:45 pm
ldsprincess says...

JesusFreak wrote:Here are my top 8 bands/singers

Sperchic[k]
Jeremy Camp
Matthew West
Thousand Foot Krutch
Stellar Kart
KJ-52
Skillet
Newsboys

I agree!
But here lately PARAMORE has been in my player non stop...
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm
Sakah says...

I really only listen to rock/alternative (I guess you could tell from my avvie)

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
U2
AC/DC
The Beatles
Phantom Planet
The Killers
The Who
Aiden
30 Seconds to Mars
Muse
Mylin
My Chemical Romance
Andrew Lloyd Webber (not rock, I know)
The Offspring
Switchfoot
Rob Zombie
The White Stripes
Aerosmith
Van Halen
Bryan Adams (I like 80s music)
The Academy Is...
ELO
Creed
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:42 am
lady lazarus says...

My favorite band is Beirut. My favorite album is Flying Club Cup/Gulag Orkestar by Beirut. My favorite song is...anything by Beirut.

Seriously...watch and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfAmkKRcFU
They call it night,
they call it night,
and I call it mine.

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm
JudeQuinn says...

Hey,
has anybody ever heard of a singer/songwriter
called Laura Marling. She is from Britain and absolutley
fantastic. Her albumhas just been nominated for the
Mercury Music Prize (a big deal in Britain supposedly).
I would advise anybody to check her out.
And Carina Round

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:12 am
CoreMeltDown says...

I listen to Rock and Jazz ((not smooth jazz, real Jazz, Miles Davis and old Jeff Beck stuff)).

My Favorite Bands are ((probably in this order))

1) System of a Down ((amazing lyrics, simple composition but its done very well))

2) Red Hot Chili Peppers ((gone so through many stages and been good at every turn. I love One Hot Minute, probably not my favorite, but I thought Dave Navarro was refreshing for them))

3) Pink Floyd ((Just amazing throughout the 70s. Brain Damage and Eclipse were just perfect endings to Dark Side of the Moon))

4) Nirvana ((love the lyrics, love the grunge sound, one of the many grunge bands that helped define the 90s))

5) Not Sure... Gogol Bordello? ((who doesn't love gypsy punk? This was probably less serious than the other 4, those 4 I know for sure, after that its a tossup. Start Wearing Purple for me now, please? =p)) Maybe Franz Ferdinand ((that first album was amazing)), The Beatles ((just great)), The Who ((Keith Moon ftw)), Bad Religion, Green Day ((some great early punk)), Linkin Park ((I know, rip out my heart, but they know how to, lyrically, capture double entendre and I respect that)). There are others, but I'll stop here ((I forgot all my thrash metal loves, but thats ok))

but the best bands are probably

1) The Beatles ((revolutionary, Helter Skelter leading into Punk, Eleanor Rigby leading into alternative, Ob-La-Di leading into protofunk))

2) Pink Floyd ((Defined how albums should be made))

3) Nirvana ((Incredible lyrics, incredibly powerful, amazingly done. The face of a great genre))

4) Red Hot Chilli Peppers ((remarkable adaptability, one of the few bands who can recycle ideas like no other. They keep everything fresh))

5) The Who ((this is where it gets hard, there are so many bands to choose. The Who defined how to put on a live show, however, and played better than anyone of the ERA.

6) Honorable Mentions - System ((great lyrics)), The Doors ((as much as I hate country, the Doors is where it started)), Bad Religion ((in my opinion, the begining of punk, some will say Dead Kennedys, and it depends on your defenition of what proto-punk is)), Metallica ((They sold out, but they are the only band good enough to do it, outside of Kiss but they sucked, and still succeed)), Anthrax ((my personal favorite of the 4 thrash metal bands. They deserve props for trying rap-rock with public enemy before anyone else, in the early 90s, and they were condemned for it)), AC/DC ((simple composition, but they got it done. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution was a great song))

So in Recap

1) Favorite Song - Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles - Revolver
2) Favorite Album - Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd ((The Wall was close))
3) Favorite Classic Rock Band - The Beatles
4) Favorite Heavy Metal Band - Judas Priest/Black Sabbath
5) Favorite Grunge Band - Nirvana
6) Favorite Alternative Band - System ((I refuse to call them nu-metal as that is generally a derogatory term in the music industry))
7) Favorite Funk Band - Red Hot Chili Peppers ((I think they still count for all their stuff pre-One Hot Minute. Although I'm not a fan of Uplift Mofo Party Plan outside of 'Fight Like a Brave'))
8) Favoirte Thrash Metal Band - Anthrax
9) Favorite Foreign Band - Gogol Bordello ((although based in America, Eugene is very much foreign)) or Isis (( a Romanian metal band))
16) Favorite Techno Band - Autechre ((its where true techno started))
10) Favorite Instrument - Keyboard ((if it is done right, Roundabout by Yes comes to mind))
11) Favorite Songwriter - Serj Tankian
12) Favorite Vocalist - Kurt Kobain ((this is close between alot of guys, Beck, Waters, alot of guys))
13) Favorite Guitarist - Carlos Santana ((this guy is flat out amazing))
14) Favorite Bassist - Flea ((God this was hard 'cause Geddy Lee is amazing for Rush and Trujillo for Metalica))
15) Favorite Keyboardist - Richard Wright

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:34 pm
Sean says...

My favourite albums;

Seal IV - Seal
3+3 - The Isley Brothers
Off the Wall - Michael Jackson
Thriller - Michael Jackson
Appetite for Destruction - Guns N Roses
Who Killed The Zutons? - The Zutons
Youth & Young Manhood - Kings of Leon
Songs in the key of Life - Stevie Wonder
Legend - Bob Marley
Nirvana - Nirvana (last two don't really count as they're more like greatest hits albums, but anything by Bob or Nirvana is always guarenteed to be special)

There's nothing easier to listen to than Bob Marley, easily the greatest down-to-earth musician of the last 50 years. He's a legend.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:36 pm
Sean says...

Oh and some randomly good songs;
"I'd love to change the world" by Ten Years After,
"Rapper's Delight" by Sugar Hill Gang,
"White Lines" by Grandmaster Flash...quality!

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris