z

Young Writers Society

Music

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 am
artistpersona says...

lol :D Every Man? Yep, the second track of their latest album, The Alter and the Door, if my thoughts are correct... I love the lyrics, they always amaze me. Skillet might have good beats, but Casting Crowns always tops my list for the best lyrics.
My personal favorite on The Alter and the Door is Slow Fade, however. :)

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm
ldsprincess says...

artistpersona wrote:
Krupp wrote:I wish dc Talk would make a comeback...

Have you checked out tobymac? He was one of the band members of dc Talk. I recommend his album Portable Sounds. ;)

My favorite artists have gotta be (and yay, I'm not alone!)...
Superchic[k], Skillet, Britt Nicole, tobymac, Group 1 Crew, dc Talk, Newsboys, Third Day, Switchfoot, Relient K, Casting Crowns, and Jars of Clay.

Favorite songs?
Alive, Rock What You Got, Hey Hey, Pure, or Hero by Superchick, Jesus Freak by dc talk, Beautiful by Moby, Holiday by Britt Nicole, Breakfast by Newsboys, Gone by tobymac, Fingernails by Skillet.

Because? They all have squeaky clean lyrics, which is a big deal for me. Plus they just rock. ;D

Finnaly a fellow fan!

Superchick, Group 1 Crew, and Casting crown's new albums are amazing.
Skillet's new one should be awesome!

Anyone a Krystal Meyers fan?

Oh and Tobymac is amazing.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 am
artistpersona says...

ldsprincess wrote:Superchick, Group 1 Crew, and Casting crown's new albums are amazing.
Skillet's new one should be awesome!

G1C has a new album? *le gasp* Yay! *runs off to order from amazon*

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:59 pm
POTAFan1973 says...

I've got a lot of golden oldies on my list. All these new groups really don't appeal to me any unless if they record stuff like people did in the 1970s

Favorite album: Lovelines/Voice of the Heart-both by the Carpenters. Voice of the Heart because of the cover and all the songs on it are just awesome. Lovelines because it includes more songs from Karen Carpenter's solo album than any other album except for her solo album (lol)

Favorite bands/solo artists:The Carpenters,the Osmonds,the Bee Gees,Andy Gibb,and just about any late 60s to 70s performer out there. Except the Beatles. Love the Carpenters' covers of their songs. Love Paul McCartney and the Wings. Love John Lennon. Across the Universe is one of my favorite movies. So its surprising that I'm not a Beatles fan,ain't it?

Favorite songs: I Just Want to Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb, (Our Love)Don't Throw It All Away by Andy Gibb, Tragedy by the Bee Gees, Nights on Broadway by the Bee Gees, Paper Roses by Marie Osmond, There's No Stopping Your Heart also by Marie Osmond,and too many others to name.
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:56 pm
Floydian42 says...

Top 10:

1: Porcupine Tree
2: Pink Floyd
3: Genesis (1968-1978)
4: Radiohead
5: Kevin Gilbert
6: King Crimson
7: Peter Gabriel Solo
8: Sufjan Stevens
9: The Dear Hunter
10: A Perfect Circle

Favorite Albums: UP by Peter Gabriel. The Shaming of the True by Kevin Gilbert, Selling England by the Pound by Genesis, Wish you were Here by Pink Floyd, Kid A by Radiohead, Fear of a Blank Planet/Nil Recurring by Porcupine Tree, The Power to Believe by King Crimson.

Favorite Songs: Firth of Fifth by Genesis, Lateralus by Tool, Arriving Somewhere but not Here by Porcupine Tree, Idioteque by Radiohead, And you and I by Yes, Signal to Noise by Peter Gabriel.
"Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of one's own mind" Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 pm
Runelord says...

No other maiden fans ?:(?
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Josh Groban all the way.

Remember Me, Troy soundtrack, Josh Groban
Believe, Polar Express soundtrack ""
February Song ""
Awake ""
Oceano ""
You Are Loved (Don't Give Up) ""
Now or Never ""
Machine ""

I could go on.....
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

17 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 am
POTAFan1973 says...

Josh Groban's pretty cool. Even though I wasn't to fond of his version of 'Imagine' from the Stand Up To Cancer thing he did. His voice was too opera-ish for it, if you know what I mean.
-Tim Burton

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

That is one of the few songs by him I have not heard. I'll have to look it up.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

17 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:41 pm
POTAFan1973 says...

Probably on Youtube. Comparing it to the John Lennon version, he didn't do that swift. He shouldn't have done the type of song it was.
-Tim Burton

Reviews: 4
Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:14 am
Beezle says...

Yay, music! My favorite song at the moment is Thunder (Acoustic) by Boys Like Girls, though only because of my girlfriend. xD I blame her. Foreverinmotion's Magic is a close second.

My favorite artists, in no particular order, are: Declan Galbraith, Dream Theater, Gavin Mikhail, Jack's Mannequin, Making April, Sherwood, Angels & Airwaves, Counting Crows, Foreverinmotion, and Sigur Ros.

Sigur Ros' ( ) album is my favorite album, by far. It's sung in a language all its own-- the lyrics are up for the listener's interpretation. So esoteric, so mystifying. The first time I listened to it, I was watching the Perseids meteor shower at two in the morning. There was no better feeling, I swear.

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:41 am
ldsprincess says...

Beezle wrote:Yay, music! My favorite song at the moment is Thunder (Acoustic) by Boys Like Girls, though only because of my girlfriend. xD I blame her. .

I love that song!
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren