z

Young Writers Society

The Apprentice FINAL!!!

Who will win the Apprentice UK Series Four?

Claire Young (Senior retail buyer)
75%
Alex Wotherspoon (Regional sales manager)
25%
Helene Speight (Global pricing leader)
No votes
Lee McQueen (Recruitment sales manager)
No votes

Total votes : 4

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 am
Gahks says...

It's that time of year again: the end is nigh and only one task stands between victory and those famous words: "You're fired!"

So, who will Sir Alan hire? Discuss and vote for your favourite!

I want Lee to win but realistically, as Claire Balding recently put it, "Sir Alan should get the Apprentice he wants and deserves; that is Claire."

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 pm
Eimear says...

Claire!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I want Alex to win, but I reckon it'll be between him and Claire (with Claire looking more likely). Also, I don't think that the whole "losing team gets completely fired" thing will happen - it's the final, far too late to do that. They'll each have to be judged on their individual merits in this final task.

5 minutes to go!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

181 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am
Gahks says...

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Sir Alan found his apprentice (see below):

LEE!!!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

344 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:32 am
Eimear says...

I'm happy with the verdict. Lee was in the last chance saloon and Claire will go really far.

Oscar Wilde.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Alainna says...

I really didn't want any of them to win, to be honest. (Yes, I'm still mourning Raef's departure) But it should have been Claire in my opinion. She should go far from here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:40 pm
Logic says...

Ye.

I was saddened by both Raef and Simon's departures. Then again, I think Lee deserved it. Helene had no chance. Sir Alan didn't like Alex, I think. He had no right to drop Lucinda (?) in it like that.

Another year to rate now...
Sir Logic, the puzzle of DOOM.

Meh

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Logic wrote:Sir Alan didn't like Alex, I think. He had no right to drop Lucinda (?) in it like that.

I dunno... If I knew that someone didn't want a job, and didn't feel right for it, as much as I did (as it turned out Lucinda didn't), then I may have done the same thing myself.

Anywhoo, another surprise win. Though I think the final candidates in general were much closer this year (with the exception of Helene). I'm still amazed Kristina didn't win last year. And I don't really get the fuss about Raef - sure he was nice enough, but nice pretty much = boring, and Raef was pretty boring.

Ah well. Have a whole year to wait again until the next series - what on earth am I going to do with my Wednesday nights now?!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

9 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:26 pm
Logic says...

I think it was just that she was questioning why she was there--which is fine in my opinion, they all did, except she said it out loud.

I guess I will have to log onto YWS on Wednesday nights now...

I was watching an episode of the US version a few days ago, and it was... interesting :P

Money money money!

XD

Meh

181 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:31 pm
Gahks says...

Apparently Sir Alan criticised the US version for being too much like a reality show and not business-y enough. Does anyone agree?

Very happy with the result despite Raef and Simon being better candidates. Alex was too shallow, Helene didn't appeal to me and Claire could have won it but as Eimear says, this was Lee's last chance. Miss Young will go far, I'll tell you that.

Isn't it the underdogs who seem to be winning? Kristina was tipped to get the job last year but Simon got it; now Lee's won over Claire. Seems Sir Alan prefers hot potential rather than sheer perfection.

9 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 pm
Logic says...

Ye, I entirely agree :P

Sir Alan has to be my favourite entrepreneur :-)

Meh

344 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:09 pm
Eimear says...

Seems Sir Alan prefers hot potential rather than sheer perfection.

I haven't heard a truer word, Gahks. Here here!

Oscar Wilde.

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said