z

Young Writers Society

How do you stop shut down manager?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:16 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

You see, in my school, we are given laptops. Obviously, the children abuse them. Towards the end of the year people have gotten their hands on "shut down manager," where you can shut down somebody's computer at will. A screen pops up with a timer, and little message under it. "OMG SHUT DOWN." I think ur gay." "lol shut down," and the like.

I've been shut down like, 5 times. It's incredibly un-funny, and I hate it. Does anybody know what I should do, or at least, how to stop my computer from shutting down?
Got YWS?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:28 am
Robin says...

There's different "brands" of shutdown managers, it's a kind of program... Some have "abort" buttons on them. I'm not sure if yours does, but if there is click that and it should stop it. Other than that if you can't stop it and someone does it to you don't make a scene or a big deal about it because that's going to make them do it more. It's not the end of the world. Save your work often. Then maybe ask someone how to do that to other people and do it right back?... In my high school some computers had a "power off" switch on the keyboard so every now and then we'd hit that on a friend's keyboard just to annoy them...

I am so glad that we can have this middle of the night bonding conversation over deep sinks
— EllieMae