z

Young Writers Society

Sunburns!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 am
Nate says...

Anybody get a sunburn yet? Let us know your story!

I just came back from the Outer Banks, and spent most of Sunday at a beach that you can drive on just north of Corolla. I neglected to use sunscreen (thinking it's faster to get a tan that way), and I am now quite sunburned! Not as bad as last year, though, when I came back from St. Kitt's with second degree burns up and down my left shoulder.

Yet, I'm not quite sure I disagree with the result. I mean, I was getting so pale from having to spend all of April and half of May indoors studying that the sunburn actually makes me look healthier. Besides, it doesn't feel like it's going to peel, so all good, right?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue May 27, 2008 10:08 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Me! Me! Yeah, it's basically summer here(but it's gonna end in two weeks) and every time I go outside of the house, I get sunburn, that's how hot it is here. *le sigh*
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue May 27, 2008 4:34 pm
Meshugenah says...

XD

Bad Nate! Sunburn isn't that good! But it does help one's complexion... not that I got burned in, like, February to discover this. Honest.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue May 27, 2008 7:09 pm
Layleun says...

I've only gotten sunburned three times in my whole fourteen years of living *nods*

They never even hurt at all, I just got red, peeled and added more tan to my already Latino looking skin XD

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 pm
Teague says...

I got sunburned while trying to get a tan in Mexico.

I had sunscreen on, but six hours on a fishing boat an hour out into the Sea of Cortez will burn *anyone* who's wearing a tank top. xD

The first sunburn of my life, too. My shoulders and wrists. For a while, my left shoulder was peeling in the shape of Australia. It was kinda cool.

Not to mention while my burns were still fresh, I had to ride three hours from Yuma to Phoenix shoulder-to-shoulder between my grandma and my brother. It hurt SO much. X_X

But aloe vera gel = my hero. Seriously. My brother got to pay me back for the times when I had to rub it on HIS sunburn, haha. *revenge*

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 pm
Muse says...

Dont rub it in. I'm from Scotland, I dont even know what a sunburn is :P

Nah, not really. We do get sunshine sometimes. I've only ever had sunburn on my shoulders. And a sexy red face after T in the Park. It was attractive, lol.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed May 28, 2008 12:24 am
Maybe says...

This past weekend I sat on my roof (in Florida) for about two hours. I used a bit of sunscreen, but I probably could've used more...

But it seems the only way I can tan is to burn first. So I'm fine with it. ^.^
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 am
Cade says...

I got a yucky sunburn sitting on a friend's driveway, and prom is Saturday. :( This is going to clash horribly with my dress.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 am
yoha_ahoy says...

No sunburn yet for me, but I'm painting a mural outside all summer, so I'm probably gonna be quite red from standing on scaffolding 12 hours a week. Yoyo doesn't tan, she burns and peels and is half a shade darker. Ugh. That's what I get for being a blue-eyed, blonde Scandinavian.
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 am
Alteran says...

Well, nice thing about Florida is everyday has a high chance of burn followed by a deep slow roasting of your insides. I've been burned once so far, only with my shirt on so now I have an unbelievably bad tan line on my neck and arms.

At least it didn't peel though.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 am
Flemzo says...

I don't burn, oddly enough.

Let me explain: my "burning" is red for about two hours, then it turns into a really dark tan before it peels, leaving sexy, pink, raw skin. Usually my shoulders, neck, and face, but sometimes if i'm playing shirts/skins football (and i get stuck with skins), chest, stomach, and back get the brunt of it.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 am
Jennafina says...

I'm terrified of sunburns. I use spf 75 even when it's cloudy.

Pretty sure I'll never get skin cancer, lol. All of these sound painful!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed May 28, 2008 11:16 am
Aedomir says...

Well, it's still pretty much tipping it down over here. Although I find the rain oddly soothing, the time comes in the year when the good ol' British weather is just annoying...

I envy the American, and generally everywhere else's sun!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm
chocoholic says...

Ugh! I'm always getting sunburnt. Because my skin is so pale, I don;t tan, just burn.

Luckily for me, this year I'm missing out on about a month of summer. But then I come back, and it's so very hot...
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed May 28, 2008 9:09 pm
Leja says...

Ah! Keep sunburns away from me; I hear they're contagious :P

can we just be proud Nate isnt selling his bathwater. yewis celebrities are the best celebrities
— fatherfig