Young Writers Society

Twilight vs. Harry Potter

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 pm
View Likes
sudz_amigo says...

Harry Potter ANY day!!
I haven't read the twilight books so this might'nt be so... apt coming from me. But I have seen the movie and comparing the twilight movie to the Harry Potter one's( Which I don't think are nearly as good as the books), the Harry Potter movies would have to score. Harry Potter is funny, about friendship, love, loss, courage, hope and so much more! I started reading the books only after I watched the first movie, and I haven't stopped since. :) No offence to the twilight fans around here, but the Twilight movie wasn't compelling enough for me to go pick up the books and read. Plus, Twilight is relatively unknown where I live. I doubt that even one out of ten people can tell you what it is.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm
tori1234 says...

I believe the only reason the two are compared is because the fandoms are the same. Most of the people who loved (and still love) Harry Potter, love Twilight, also.
And some Christians HAVE banned the book. My friends aren't allowed to read it.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:09 pm
View Likes
Lizzie says...

I adore both, and I do not think I could choose. Maybe Harry Potter, because I remember my dad reading it to me when I was little and doing the "Hagrid" voice perfectly. I think its *Ehum Swear Word* that christians shouldn't have read Harry Potter. I am not religious, so it doesn't matter. Maybe the reason it isn't any trouble with Twilight is because people don't really give a damn about religious cultures when people are talking about books. Because, come on, people don't really think that books are aimed spec at THEIR culture because they want to inflicked pain on it.
You're all going to hate me.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:35 pm
MissMiaFacinelli says...

Most definitely Twilight.
Harry Potter was dragged out for far too long...
I mean, seven books?
The Twilight series is definitely better.
Plus, Twilight etc have so many hot boys!!!
And Edward is SO gentlemanly.
Really wanna see the film!!!!!!
Grrrr.
Want a free, constructive review? Click here!

Got YWS?

Previously known as Pgsgirl7

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:08 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

Pgsgirl7 wrote:Harry Potter was dragged out for far too long...
I mean, seven books?

Seven books really isn't that long. Many other series go on for longer.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin