z

Young Writers Society

Small Clothes for 29th Reg't

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun May 18, 2008 11:19 pm
Fishr says...

I posted these in my blog and I still think I look, erm... Well, what does my expression tell you? XD

I'm not wearing my spectacles or canteen. My uncle want pics of my small clothes - breeches and shirt - and so I took a couple. At first, I was going to deny him a head shot since he'd like to use the photos for darts. :D But, I gave my uncle one anyway but only with a fixed expression, for lack of a better description.

Heh... I noticed my calves are getting toned up too. My cardio is vastly improving.

Blah, blah, blah... Now I'm just going off course. There's the photos for those who might want to see them. Wait until I'm in my full regalia. ; )

The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 am
yoha_ahoy says...

That's awesome!!! Very spiffy! Can't wait to see the full gear! ;)

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon May 19, 2008 2:33 am
Meshugenah says...

Jessy Fish, you make me remember why I love history (and then wish I've done reenacting before!).

Loverly, missy! I think you and Ari and anyone else who does reenacting need to share period clothing. A lot. And hey, it's helpful for historical fiction writing!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

365 Reviews

Mon May 19, 2008 4:46 pm
Fishr says...

Mesh -

Well, I suppose that is the underlyning of my real position in this hobby by keeping the past alive. Always reminding those who have forgotten and further get out and live history even if you have to take a book with you outdoors to read, it'll keep you locked in a period.

Glad I helped then to rekindle your love for it. ;)

Yoha - Hopefully, sure enough.

It seems that there were quite a few Irishman with the ranks of the 29th. I've begun reading "Sergeant Lamb's America" and it's very interesting thus far. The boy, seeing bodies strung up by their neck, flesh still decaying, his father warns what happens to traiters. The four bodies serve as a warning. The boy, the young and not yet Serjeant Lamb; the sight frightens him so much he looses sleep for two days. It's all in the book.

The Worcestershire Regiment (29th/36th) Website (if your interested)
http://www.worcestershireregiment.com/w ... nc/welcome
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 pm
pegasi_quill says...

Only two days? I'd have nightmares for a week *shudders*

But anyway, great pics ;)

Yeah, reenacting has it's charm, that's for sure... And totally reminds one of the treasures of history! :P
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

365 Reviews

Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 pm
Fishr says...

Before

After

Posted the last pic in my blog too with some tidbits, describing stockings, the reasoning for wearing socks underneath, and a little on shoes and gaiters but not much. Mostly, I complained about my shoes. XD

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14