z

Young Writers Society

I need a website template. Want to help?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat May 17, 2008 5:59 pm
Monki says...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this... but, I really need a customized website layout. If you can create one for me, I'd be forever grateful! I know you people have lives, but if you have some extra free-time... I don't know how to make one, or I would. PM me if you can do this for me and I'll tell you what I want it to look like. :) Thank you SO much.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I don't think freewebs will let you use custom template unless you bought and registered a domain name. They do, however, have plently of their own professionally designed templates for you to choose from with varying styles on the page setup. ;)

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

99 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 8:01 pm
Monki says...

Oh, really? That sucks. :( I know nothing about making a website. *sigh* Do you know of any (free) websites that allow you to use your own?
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat May 17, 2008 8:11 pm
Aedomir says...

You can use a custom template on freewebs but it is very hard. It provides no FTP access meaning all files must be uploaded individually, and trust me, with a template, there can be hundreds. Not to mention, the webspace is limited and there are ads - I would recommend a different host.

Good luck,
-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat May 17, 2008 8:19 pm
Sureal says...

I created a custom website (http://www.falsetruth.co.nr/) using freewebs a few years ago. But I used all HTML coding, and if you don't know any HTML you'll struggle.
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Snoink says...

I can possibly help. I have a bunch of old CSS templates that can be dug up and reused. What webhosting service do you have or can you possibly have?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

99 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Monki says...

Thanks for the help everyone.

Snoink > I could use Freewebs or anything really. Freewebs is the only one I've ever tried to use though. I really don't know the names of any others. But, I think I could use any. By the way, I like your site. :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 17, 2008 8:42 pm
Snoink says...

Don't go with Freewebs then. They suck. :P

I would suggest having a webhost that has php, just because it will make your life that much easier and happier.

THIS GUY looks fairly promising. It's actually been around for quite a while, since 2006.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

99 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 8:47 pm
Monki says...

Okay, I just registered for the site you just showed me. :) It does look promising.

So, now what do we begin with?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat May 17, 2008 8:58 pm
Aedomir says...

I would suggest learning a basic programming language such as HTML. It is very simple to use, and you can create some effective websites with it. Also, you could try something like MS Frontpage.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 18, 2008 1:28 am
Snoink says...

Yay? :?
Attachments
header.gif
header.gif (20.59 KiB) Viewed 246 times

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun May 18, 2008 2:06 am
Alteran says...

Something I use is Trellian Webpage. It's nice cause you don't have to know code to set up the page. It uses a what-you-see-is-what-you-get format. But it is very good to know code cause it can't do everything you want it to.

It's a freeware program too so maybe try it out if you like.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

99 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 am
Monki says...

Thanks, Adam. ^ ^

Snoink > YAY! *thumbs up!* Lmao. It's perfect!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun May 18, 2008 3:14 pm
JFW1415 says...

Using FrontPage may help. You can add tables, images, and all that fun stuff normally. Then you can click the HTML page, and it shows you the code for everything you just did.

Also, there are millions of sites out there on HTML.

I would offer to help, but I don't think I'd do you much good. I used to be really good at it, but now I've kind of forgotten most of it...

I know that <br> is a line break, though! :lol:

~JFW1415

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun May 18, 2008 3:20 pm
Bella says...

I use dreamweaver more than anything, and I don't know if that could do what you want, but I could try. I'm not sure how I'd load it into here or anything though.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink