z

Young Writers Society

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri May 16, 2008 7:58 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Has anyone seen it yet? I liked it a lot; there were some parts that I thought could be better, but overall I was satisfied. :)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 pm
gyrfalcon says...

I really enjoyed it! I thought making the Telmarines sorta-Spanish was cool (although Caspian is supposed to be blonde in the books!), but the bit with Caspian's escape and fording the river was so annoyingly LotR-esque. :? But Edmund and Reepicheep more than make up for it! Edmun is so The Man, and Reepicheep is straight out of the books and ergo beautiful (they even got the gold band and the red feather!). Overall, I think this one comes out as a definite plus, though not quite as awesome as the first.

I can't wait for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader--tis my favorite!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

241 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 1:13 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Oh yeah. Edmund is like, the poster child for awesome warrior kings everywhere. I loved him. Course, I loved him in the book too. And I loved how he delivered the message about the duel! I'm so glad they did that well, it's one of my favorite parts in the book.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat May 17, 2008 1:22 pm
Rei says...

Haven't seen it yet, but if all goes well, I shall see it today. I am so excited!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun May 18, 2008 1:52 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I enjoyed it a lot.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun May 18, 2008 1:54 am
October Girl says...

Oh gosh it was my moms favorite movie and it came out yesterday with was her birthday so we HAD to see it. I loved it!!!! :D
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun May 18, 2008 2:11 am
Prokaryote says...

It really was all that. And better than the first movie, in my opinion.

Prokaryote

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun May 18, 2008 2:42 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

Okay, so here's a great song from the credits:

"The Call", by Regina Spektor.

You can look it up on IMEEN under "prince caspian", and I think you should find it. Just thought some of you would like that, since the song has apparently garnered a few fans.

I thought it deserved the 3/4 stars it got from the AP Press movie review, though it was a bit longer. But I liked it way better than the first movie.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun May 18, 2008 5:03 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Oooh! Thanks for the song name. I was wondering what it was.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun May 18, 2008 1:51 pm
gyrfalcon says...

The song was cool, but it really bugged me that they played it during the actual movie. Talk about ruining the mood. :?
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

241 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2008 8:13 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Yeah, that bugged me too. Because it started out with the whole, "It started with a feeling..." right after Susan kissed Caspian and I almost gagged on all the cheese.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun May 18, 2008 11:17 pm
Rei says...

I ignored the song bit. I won't say when for people who haven't seen it yet, but there is one line said by Caspian where the subtext was so obviously, "You're pretty."

And it seemed like Aslan sort of went from being Jesus to Moses, with that whole river bit.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon May 19, 2008 1:29 am
OrangeNailpolish says...

I really enjoyed the movie. I haven't read the books, but have the first three checked out from the library.

I went opening night with a friend and there were a lot of little kids there and I was shocked by the parents who let them go. I sat next to a 4 year old and there was a 2 or 3 year old a few rows in front of us. And there was a little too much cheese in it. But hey, it's Disney, so it's allowed. I think it was great cinematography, but as I haven't read the books, I don't think I have an accurate depiction.

Oh, and thanks for the song title at the end of the movie! It made me happy :)
“Oh, I-I-I’m sorry. Here I was in my own little world, talking to myself and dreaming about candy bracelets.”
-Dr. Perry Cox, Scrubs

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 pm
melkor says...

Hasn't came out over here yet.:(
I'm looking forward to it though...

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue May 20, 2008 1:06 am
myfreindsavamp says...

I jst say this at the movie theaters!

Great! Great! Great!

Hey couldn't you feel the tention between Caspian and um.... what's her name?

I mean come on!
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass